AWD Caddy Catera info

Bill_Ritter

Plays with Fire
Could someone help me find a link to some info on the AWD Caddy catera. I know they made them because i have seen a few of them myself. I need to find the info to prove to a bunch of know-it-all import fags that they do exist. Please Help!!!

EDIT: they may have only made the AWD version for one or two years, but they DID make it...

Originally posted by GNnut
Could someone help me find a link to some info on the AWD Caddy catera. I know they made them because i have seen a few of them myself. I need to find the info to prove to a bunch of know-it-all import fags that they do exist. Please Help!!!

EDIT: they may have only made the AWD version for one or two years, but they DID make it...

Well, I'm a Parts Manager at one of the largest Caddy dealerships in the southeast... They made the Catera from '97-'01, then it changed to the CTS for '03.

Unless they made an Import model (Opel) with AWD it did not exist. I've never seen one in the 9-years I've been with Caddy.

K.

Also check CANDA

Many automakers offer AWD sales in Canada and not in the US. The Nissan Sentra like my B13 (early 90s) has the AWD option up north but none were for sale in the states.

Check with australians.

They have LS1 powered AWD cars based on the same Catera/Holden/Opel Chassis.

I appreciate the replies guys. Man, Everyone keeps telling me the same thing... "no such thing". But I saw it with my own two eyes:confused: I guess I was just halucinating or something, oh well.

Speaking of odd AWDs, Pontiac made a AWD 6000 STE in the 80's. Interesting but underpowered.

don't ya hate it when that happens. theres something that you KNOW is out there but you cant' find it.

maybe it was a home made thing, or time is playing the same game with your memory that it does to mine all the time. as long time doesn't mess with you for 12 hours its ok. when you wake up next to someone and think "i thougth she looked a lot better than that" then you know you have problems

but if its ricer guys, just make up something. never let them be right.

maybe someone stuck an AWD emblem in a fwd Catera? Did you look under it to see the awd pinnings?

I've never heard of an AWD either.

Originally posted by FlyinGN
maybe someone stuck an AWD emblem in a fwd Catera? Did you look under it to see the awd pinnings?

I've never heard of an AWD either.

Catera's are RWD.:)

K.

I appreciate the replies guys. Man, Everyone keeps telling me the same thing... "no such thing". But I saw it with my own two eyes:confused: I guess I was just halucinating or something, oh well.

The new design '05 STS is available with an AWD option. And it's design is very similar to the CTS. Maybe that's what you saw?

K.

How do you know it was AWD??

I to work in a GM parts department and a day doesn't go buy that someone isn't buying some sticker or do-dad name plate to stick on their vehicle. Are you sure it was a Catera? BTW you couldn't give me a Catera even if the trunk was full of C-notes. Very high maintanence, especially when the timing belt breaks.

Originally posted by turbofish38
How do you know it was AWD??

...Very high maintanence, especially when the timing belt breaks.

Good for us.:D Bad for the owner.:mad:

K.

I'm still trying to figure out where GNnut got the info on AWD Cateras???? I asked one "GM insider" that I know, and he states "no such thing, not in the US anyway". It was likely a custom built, one off.

Originally posted by TurboDave
I'm still trying to figure out where GNnut got the info on AWD Cateras???? I asked one "GM insider" that I know, and he states "no such thing, not in the US anyway". It was likely a custom built, one off.

Sorry, i havent been able to reply to this because of a busy schedule. I saw the catera when i worked at a trans. shop. I was almost positive that it was AWD, I guess my memory is playing games with me:(