Autozone MAF sen.

gened

Anyone else have any luck with the autozone MAF sen, I've read about them here are they worth a try or not?

You know what they say, "If it's got electricity or fluid running through it, you dont want to buy it from Autozone." They have a good selection of wax though!:biggrin:

I just got one today not mentioning any names but it is a side housing and supposed to be set to 87 GN specs put it in the car and it barely idles....$120

I just got one today not mentioning any names but it is a side housing and supposed to be set to 87 GN specs put it in the car and it barely idles....$120

Return it! Call Gbodyparts.com and we can get a good used one for you :biggrin:

IMO i wouldnt trust something as important as a MAF with an autozone unit... DELCO or nothing....

Either buy one from gbodyparts or save some $ and get a translator and an LT1 MAF. I tried 3 remans from autozone over 8 years ago and ended up just getting a trans and the LT1, haven't had any issues with it since.

I just ordered a rebuilt Delco from Kirban.. 90 day warranty shouldnt have a problem.

If you are going to keep running a maf sensor on your car the best way to do that is with a maf translator and the newer style maf sensors like the LT1,LS1

Many years ago when i was using a stock type maf sensor i bought many of them from the parts stores and none of them lasted very long and most didn't even work properly.

The best set up with a maf sensor i had was with a maf translator and a LT1 maf sensor! After i did that the maf problems were over and done with.

The only thing better was when the MaftPro came out and then the maf sensor was no longer needed or wanted on my car. :tongue:

Mafless and loving it. :D

John :)