Autoweek 959 article

UNGN

Can't Re- Member
Autoweek cover story

I thought 959's were so cool back in the day.

Now they are finally getting certified for use on US roads (Thank you Republican congress). They are even bumping the HP to around 600 in the cert process (modern fuel injection, bigger turbos).

Something in the article isn't right, though, reinforcing my notions that most rich guys with fast cars don't know crap about performance numbers:

For four hundred large you want your money’s worth. Canepa has undertaken back-to-back tests with his modified 959 and a new RUF GT2. The RUF turned 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and took 11.9 seconds to reach 100 mph. The 959 goes from a standstill to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds and reaches 100 mph in 11.4 seconds. Top speed of the 959 is 215.

I would hope something with 600 HP, that can run 215 mph and hit 60 in 3.3 seconds can get to 100 mph faster than 11.4 seconds (I would think 3 seconds faster)

I agree, even my old Buick can go 0-100 in 6.9:D

(100-0 is another matter........)

Guess I don't have any more excuses for not buying one. Oh yeah, the money thing, but that's just 1 reason. :p Those are cool cars. Glad to see an 80's car that can still beat up on the new guys with just a few mod's. Kind of like some other car discussed around here. :D