Hello from North USA! Here's my 2017 Buick GNX concept! (No, it's not real, it's fake)

How does my concept look?

• BEAUTIFUL!! (A+)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Awesome! (B+/A/A-)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Good (B-/B)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alright.. (C+)

• Dunno.... (D/D+/C-/C)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Dumb?? (D-)

• What a total FAIL!! (F)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • THE WORST PHOTOSHOP EVER (0, aka worse than an F)

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

John Zelcs

I'm from California to be specific, and I love cars! I also like to use my phone and watch TV. I came here because I love the Buick Regal GNX.

Here is this Buick GNX I wish was out.

2015-12-29_14.26.55.jpg
2015-12-29_14.28.13.jpg
2015-12-29_14.28.57.jpg

When the Buick GNX was first introduced in 1986, it was modified by ASC/McLaren and based on the Grand National, which was a sleeper based on the G-body Buick Regal. Despite being dyno-tested at 300 hp and 420 lb.ft (underrated at 276 hp and 360 lb.ft) it sprinted to 60 miles per hour in 4.5 seconds and completed the quarter-mile dash in 13.26 seconds; only a select few exotic cars were faster. The GNX is appreciating in value time after time. With 420 lb.ft at a very low 2,400 rpm its engine even outmuscled those of flagship exotic cars from the likes of Porsche (959: 370 lb.ft @ 5,500 rpm) and Ferrari (288 GTO: 366 lb.ft @ 3,800 rpm | F40: 426 lb.ft @ 4,000 rpm) at the time. It has even outaccelerated the then-fastest Corvette, which was a special model tuned by Callaway Cars.

This 2017 Buick GNX concept is fictional, but it should happen to look and be real. I have made it to promote a 30th-anniversary special. If the new GNX was real it would be powered by an extremely modified, flat-plane-crank version of the heart of the Cadillac ATS-V, with displacement being 4.0 liters and the output being 700 hp and 460 lb.ft on gas, with the addition of three electric motors (including one up front); each of the two electric motors in the back will make 150 hp and 100 lb.ft, and the front electric motor will make 120 hp and 40 lb.ft; with gas and electricity included the engine will increase to a total of 1,120 hp and 700 lb.ft, with a possible maximum engine speed (redline) of 9,900 rpm.

The concept will not be based on the Buick Regal (which is now a non-performance family sedan) unlike the original GNX, but it will probably share a platform with Chevrolet's upcoming mid-engine Corvette C8 or Zora ZR1. With the new Ford GT already out, America feels the country should start having more mid-engine supercars and hypercars. Maybe a T-type would use a Camaro Six / Cadillac ATS platform.

With the new Callaway Corvette Z06 out as well, Buick needs a new supercar/hypercar to kill it, just like the original beat a Callaway 'Vette and pretty much every other Corvette before the 1990s, with the exception of some dealer-ordered prototypes (1969 ZL-1, 1970 454, 1988 Sledgehammer) and the 1989 ZR-1. The GNX is my favorite car! We won't call it Buick Regal GNX or Buick Grand National GNX (contrary to the "GRAND NATIONAL" label on the front of the car); just plain Buick GNX.

No transmission has officially been announced (again, this car is just a concept I customized based off a mix of a Lamborghini Aventador and a Porsche 918 Spyder), but if I were to mention what transmission it would use, it would most likely get a 7-speed dual-clutch or an 8-speed single-clutch.

Last edited:
I wish this was no joke. Obviously, those specs would never happen but GM really could have made this happen. They could have taken the 2 door ats-v and made a buick version or they could have taken the holden commodore ve 2-door concept (I have a Pontiac G8 also) and used that since it is big like a GN.
They also missed out on the amazing hype and timing they could have had with the release of the new Star Wars. A new GN commercial with Vader's March song would have made me cry. Lol.

I wish this was no joke. Obviously, those specs would never happen but GM really could have made this happen. They could have taken the 2 door ats-v and made a buick version or they could have taken the holden commodore ve 2-door concept (I have a Pontiac G8 also) and used that since it is big like a GN.
They also missed out on the amazing hype and timing they could have had with the release of the new Star Wars. A new GN commercial with Vader's March song would have made me cry. Lol.

Yup , instead , Dodge got it with the black Viper (Darth Vader) followed by tons of white Chargers , Challys ,Durangos (Storm Troopers !!!!!)