Automotive Machine perf. oil system

Other than it bypasses internally, doesnt look much different than the Duttweiler oiling system that Richard Lee has been making for years for half the price.

The stage motor on AMP's website is mine. The system works very well. You can get a hose end for the pichup that has pipe threads on it so you don't need to use a pipe to an adaptor witch will keep you from having to notch the frame like i did. When i installed the motor it was the weekend before the Nats so i didn't have time to check into a diferent fitting. You are better off not useing a high volume cover. Standard cover will give you all the oil you need. You do not need a seperate bypass line . You can dump it back into the block like i did. Does the Dutweiler piece come with the hoses, fittings, and filter adaptor, and oil pump gears for half the price?

P.S. . Mike at AMP is great vendor. Mine was the first stageII he had sold a scavenger for. You won't find anybody more helpful. He called me several times on the weekends and at night to see how the project was going. And you can see him at all the Buick races.

White Racing has one too that does not require notching the frame nor an extra line for the bypass. It does not have a counterbored gear pocket. If you want to run long pump gears, you use the hi volume cover or a spacer.

White Racing Marine - Your #1 Choice for Electronic Fuel Injection for Drag Racing. The finest aftermarket EFI Systems and Support money can buy. On Line assistance with you Programming Needs. File Downloads available including Software Upgrades

I especially DO NOT like the Duttwieler pump because of this and this pump has put more **** through my motor because of the recessed gears than anything else. I've since re-machined the pump housign to eliminate the recess and went to a HV cover. If I didn't have to re-do all of the oil lines and was starting from scratch I definitely would've went with the White or AMP pump.

Hey Steve your forgetting that the scavenger bypasses thru the factory feed hole one of the reasons i didnt use one on the on center 0053 block i had it all cleaned and didnt wanna drill the hole but it works well and its simpler than the others .Mike at TA told me hes making a whole new oiling system and from the stuff i seen im sure it will be top notch stuff .

Yes you are right Laz. I have a 153 block also. I drilled the hole in the block like a stocker. One less line i had to make up.

Dan at DLS has one now also.You do not have to notch the frame for it.
here is a link to some infor.http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/engine-tech/211759-external-oil-system.html

Dennis

You don’t need to notch the frame with the scavenger. I have installed many with no problems. Phil M., Walt J, Roy G., Scott S., John H., yada yada just to name a few use the scavenger with no frame notching. This is a simple setup to use. (minimum oil line) The thrust plate is the only downside IMO with this pump cover.

I have used 1 DLS pump cover. I like the DLS as it does not need a thrust plate that is a super plus. The pump is nicely made and is first class piece. Dislikes: I do not like the o-ring fittings they are a PIA wish they were NPT. Other than 3rd line you can use short lines like the scavenger and don’t have the 90deg bends like some of the other pump covers.

Personally i prefer the Duttweiler or DLS with the external bypass.
I hook he bypass to the fuel pump plate and this way it always dumps oil on the timing set.Keeps the DIST gear intact.

I am on y second motor and with it setup properly by RPE machine i have had
no problem or wear in the pump at all

Personally i prefer the Duttweiler or DLS with the external bypass.
I hook he bypass to the fuel pump plate and this way it always dumps oil on the timing set.Keeps the DIST gear intact.

I am on y second motor and with it setup properly by RPE machine i have had
no problem or wear in the pump at all

You use the DLS pump cover?