Austin meet'n cruise night?

GlockandRoll

Just putting a feeler out there in-case anyone was interested.

I figure if we plan it a few weeks ahead of time we can get a good turnout, anyone welcome, don't have to live here, or be a native Texan. Hell, even if someone didn't have a GN but wanted to come out I'd be happy to let them ride shot gun if they DJ and navigate. :D

I think it would be cool to have a half-dozen or so of these things somewhere, just make a BBQ run, whatever.

Cool, what's the best way to go about this... just keep this thread alive to troll for a common interest w/other local cats?

I think it would be a blast to have them all lined up and take a pic, and cruise down to Salt Lick for BBQ, or something like that.

The more the merrier!

Disco STU brought someone over one time, but I don't remember of that guy was also a fellow evil turbo buick captian...It's the sleeper that he tuned after I put my insane crazy stealth audio system in it.

BTW, my name is Chad.

Definitely, your car is one I'd like to see!

Thanks. Let me know a date, and hopefully the car will cooperate. My alky pump just started leaking so I need yank it off send it back to Julio for a rebuild.

Off topic - any of you Austin fellows going to the North America Hand Made Bicycle Show at the end of February (there in Austin)?

Rob

Lakeway here > >>Sounds good. I'll bring the White E-85 car :cool: She needs her legs stretched :biggrin:

The Austin Cruise Night sounds cool. I would love to drive up from San Antonio to attend, and meet some fellow BUICK TURBO Guru's. I have a nice stock 87 TURBO-T that I would like to get some advice on how to unlock and optimize its performance potential. I am BRAND NEW to the TURBO BUICK game, and do not know anything about how to improve its performance, and even worse I am not very talented with a wrench, but am willing to spend bucks to get the car right.

SFCROB

The Austin Cruise Night sounds cool. I would love to drive up from San Antonio to attend, and meet some fellow BUICK TURBO Guru's. I have a nice stock 87 TURBO-T that I would like to get some advice on how to unlock and optimize its performance potential. I am BRAND NEW to the TURBO BUICK game, and do not know anything about how to improve its performance, and even worse I am not very talented with a wrench, but am willing to spend bucks to get the car right.

SFCROB

Where do you live? I might be able to help you out a bit.

Rob

Hi, i live in San Antonio, TX near Randolph Air Force Base adjacent to both Converse, and Kirby, Tx as well. Have not met anyone in San Antonio area that knows how to tweak these cars.

Many Thanks
Robert

sfcrob

I'm surprise to see another Turbo Buick guy in San Antonio. We use to have a San Antonio GN/TType club many years ago. We had about 12 cars back about 10 years ago and held our meetings at Cavender Buick once a month. Some of us also hanged out with some of the Austin guys as well. Many of our club members sold their cars or moved out of area. I raced turbo Buick's for about 7 years and I did my own modifications and tweaking. I no longer drag race turbo Buicks but I still own a mint 87 GN that I enjoy driving and having fun with it. :cool:

We got a little tuning done to SFCRob's car (in foreground) last weekend. That's my silver T in the background, and an incredible Kawasaki X-2 peeking up between the T's.

DSC02930.jpg

His car is pretty much a time capsule from 1987, to include what appeared to be a stock chip. I had a spare stock injector TT chip which smoothed it out. He has a bunch of parts on order so we can start the fun tuning soon. SFCRob is ordering some new wheels to replace those early Grand National wheels his T is currently sporting.

Rob