Attaching Front Frame Braces

wilkinsde

I bought the triangular front frame brace set. It did not come with all of the mounting bolts. Does anyone have any extras of the threading bolts they would part with, or let me know what size tap and bolts to use? Thanks for any help.

If I remember correctly the "threading" bolts did not actually have any thread cutting cast into them (like a tap). They are just a simple lag bolt with no nut on the backside that thread in nice and tight. You could probably size up the holes on your car that these bolts thread into and pick up some lag screws of the appriate size at your local hardware store. If not exactly sure of the size get a few different sizes as they are pretty cheap. HTH

I bought the triangular front frame brace set. It did not come with all of the mounting bolts. Does anyone have any extras of the threading bolts they would part with, or let me know what size tap and bolts to use? Thanks for any help.

Self-tapping machine thread bolts. Lag bolt have too coarse of thread--not very "forgiving" if you over-tighten :eek: .....ask me how I know???? STUDENTS in shop CLASS!!!!! :mad:

Dang AgTeacher, thats quite a signature your shop class has put together. You must have a very understanding school board. How much is tuition?

Life is GREAT!!

Dang AgTeacher, thats quite a signature your shop class has put together. You must have a very understanding school board. How much is tuition?

I paid for everything on the BUICK....:frown: ( this is why I have a SECOND job :p )....... When I started using the Buick as a "shop project"---I had a 12% drop-out rate, in the following years(with the Buick) the drop-out rate has decrease to a little under 2%.--BEST in our area!!!! We have also, WON more FFA Farm Equipment Trouble shooting contest (farm equipment) since the BUICK "shop car project". We have placed more students in higher-education schools and more in the work force /industry (making a living :biggrin:). Is the Buick the reason????? I don't know---- BUT it "SURE makes Class FUN"!!!!!
The Buick is more of a Reward for the students to work/maintain, we also do welding electrical, farming, plumbing,carpentry, animal care and farm equipment maintenance and computer repair/maintain ( then, there is all the book work in the classroom)---We had a Muscadine vineyard that we maintain(about 2 acres), we pick (sell to the public) and the public can pick their own for a price. We have farm animals that we raise and sell.
The last "project" was planting food plots for wildlife----- people in our area ask if we would start-up a wildlife program to help manage some of the lands, also we planted some plots on our land(school shop land).

TUITION--FREE!!!! but the students much have a willingness to learn and WORK!!!! :cool:
Great, School Board to work with, as long as parents are Happy and students are Learning.... everybody is HAPPY :wink: !!!!

They are hex head thread-cutting screws size M10x1.5x30
You can use an M10x1.5 tap and bolts. I used regular M10x1.5 bolts when I replaced my front braces (since the threads were already cut)
Do not use self tapping sheet metal screws. :biggrin:

Sounds like a great motivational tool, and fun too. I took auto mechanics in high school but we didn't have anything like that to play with. Or farm equipment for that matter.