ATR bar install

SS/GN

Any tricks to installing these things? I have the car supported on the frame with jack stands and the rear diff hanging about 2 inches off the ground. Did not have alot of time to play with it but it does not go in like the stocker came out lol.

3 lb. hammer.... time, and the aforementioned pry bars. :cool:

That bar helped hold my totaled car together for years. :p

Does having the rear-end at ride height work better than letting it hang?? Just curious to how the arc the suspension travels will help or hinder.

I did mine mine with the back tires on ramps and the front end on jacks.... this gives you a bit of room to work with.

Years ago at BG, we used the aformentioned BFH, a crow bar and a ratchet strap. The ratchet strap was used to help pull the ends towards the middle. That made things a whole lot easier.

-Patrick-

Car up on stands, on axles so car is at ride height......yes it's beefy bar and requires some persuasion, you'll love it!

I didn't like the idea of the bar pushing on the HR control arms that much. I ground the mating surface until there was just a little resistance. I tightened mine while resting on the ground.