Asked grandson,how does a turbo work

SPEEDSTAR

I know , this is atech forum, but the spontaneous way he anwsered,I had to share it, .....He said , it spews out air, and makes the car go really fast, then I asked for a little better answer, and he says .....well actually thier pretty simple, while Iam thinking he just may know, ...he says ,its like a baloon blows out air,[ oh well] :) ,so i press for more info, wheres the air go, Dyllan says it goes out the back end and makes the car go really fast :D , so out to the shop we[ Dyllan-12yrs, Dawson-10yrs old] go for turbo tech 101, and they paid attention and even thanked me, and made me their engine tech Teacher. These younguns are the future turbochargers. ;)

Thats priceless...

Ill bet they will tell their grandsons how jet propolsion works on the new cars of their time. My boy is 8 and at this point he shows more interest in Playstation then in cars. At least he loves baseball.

You should have topped off the lesson with an in car demonstration and a smokey burnout. ;) I bet they wouldn't forget that very quickly.