Are my fans supposed to turn on @ 198 degrees

warlord

Hey fellas, this is my first post on this site, and would like to say hello to everyone, and thank you for the knowledge that i have learned on this site... Now, i have a completly stock 87 gn with a minor mod or 2 (k&n air filter & lucas 30lbs injectors also scanmaster) i just put in new water pump,new 160 t-stat, had the original rad taken out and get it ripped open and completly cleaned all cores (which are 4 cores btw) i bought the car with the dual fan setup but i dont know which one it is? The only way i read temp is through my scanmaster, now everytime it hits 198 degrees,my fans turn on ,and then they turn off once it hits 192-193ish, lots of times when the fans turn on @ 198 the temp continues to rise to 200-201 but never passing 201 degrees.....is this normal or do i have an issue here,
Like i said everything is stock, except for the minor mods i said earlier on this post..... Thx again fellas for all the knowledge i have learned on this site, this being my first post but i had done hundreds of searches for what i would say is priceless info
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1375451318.355008.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Its a stock chip. Sry fir the sig i meant to change it

Thank you for the fast reply. Btw i will be upgrading to a turbo tweak combo chip/injector 60lbs, walbro 255 fuel pump, & adjustable fuel pressure regulator and hotwire,, cant wait!!!!!!. THx again fellas

your fans will then be able to keep with your T-stat. Your fans will kick on at 168 and turn off at 162

I assume rough due the bigger injectors requiring a little bit more fuel. Dangerous regardless tho

Wow u guys dont leave no stone unturned... That was going to b my next post...yes it idles rough high blm's (150) at idle.. I have no vac leaks just changed all intercooler hoses but i dont know if i have an manifold leak yet, im hoping once i do the upgrade problem solved (crossing fingers)

Wow u guys dont leave no stone unturned... That was going to b my next post...yes it idles rough high blm's (150) at idle.. I have no vac leaks just changed all intercooler hoses but i dont know if i have an manifold leak yet, im hoping once i do the upgrade problem solved (crossing fingers)

You have oversized injectors yet the computer is adding all the fuel you can. It sounds like there's so much fuel in the combustion chamber it's quenching the burn so much that unburnt air is making it to the exhaust stream. I've only seen that in motorcycles and ATVs.

If you smell the dipstick so it reek of gasoline? And is the oil level higher than it should?

Do NOT drive or even start that car until you get a matched chip and injectors!!! (and I'd drain the oil, pop off the breathers, and let it air out as long as I could.

Thx for the compliments red, and earl i will be taking ur advice , for i have been since i became a member to this forum,

If I'm reading the OP correctly he is running 30lb injectors at the moment. That should not be an issue with a stock chip. A stock chip will easily compensate for a 30lb injector.

Fyi the guy i bought the car off of told me i had 42lbs injectors but when i looked at all of them there model # said d1720ba, when i looked them up they were lucas 30lbs injectors, i am going to scrap them anyway and do my upgrade i stated above... I hope it will make all the diffrence..