Are Dr. Marten's really good shoes?

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
I just bought a pair of Doc Marten ankle boots at the mall ($110, not bad; $20 cheaper at the hip place than the discount place across the mall hall). They feel ok but don't seem to have much arch support. I like the springy feeling walking around in them but I'm worried about the arch thing. Any thoughts? They look like I'm ready for a mosh pit or something but if they are good for walking around on pavement, I'm sold. I haven't left the house in 'em so I can still take 'em back.

Once you break them in, they will be your favorite pair of shoes you own. You'll Luv Em.

Doc Marten Gaucho

Wear mine everyday for work.

Low top w/ reinforced toe. I'm constantly moving 55 gallon drums of chemicals and pushing around pallet jacks at my lab/warehouse. I want to keep my toes intact. They were a little stiff at first (like any other safety shoe), but once worn in, very comfortable. The best part is my employer pays for them.:cool:

The first week or so you are wondering what all the fuss is about...........then one day you slip them on and it becomes clear.

I get a new pair every 9-12 months (need to look nice at work) and always wonder if the new set will be as good.

No problem yet in 7 yrs.

BTW Kevin T......try running across the border to get them. I've found them on sale in Windsor for $75-80 two different times. That's like.....what $8.00 American?
:D

I still have the same ones I bought 7 years ago, they are great wearing boots, I've gone through about 5 pairs of laces and my boots are as comfortable as they were when new. Plus they look good with just about anything "and" have saved my foot from many a snake bite. Money well spent.

I wear them everyday to work in an office. Business casual.

They are like heaven for the feet. :D

Originally posted by choppers4life
i have been wearing the same pair for five years

You should definitely consider taking them off and at least changing your socks... seriously... ;)

No turning back now; I wore them to work. They feel good; I think they'll be ok. Lots of room for toes for sure!

Here John, this about sums it up....
ponch.jpg

And
smokespole.jpg

Any other questions?;)

NOT THAT HAPPY WITH MINE, HAD THEM FOR 3 MONTHS AND THE LINING ON THE INSIDE OF THE SHOE RIPPED OUT. THEY ARE PRETTY UNCOMFORTABLE WITHOUT A GEL INSERT NOW.

Originally posted by Mr. T
I wear them everyday to work in an office. Business casual.

They are like heaven for the feet. :D

Yep, I still have my first pair from 5 years ago. They are mightly beat, but I still wear them.

I am on my 3rd pair now, going on my 4th. The only reason I need new ones is I wear the blocks right off the sole and they get banged up over time.

The only problem is they do not make half sizes, so I have to get a pair that is just a bit too big. Other than that, they are great. It won't be long before you learn to love them. They just need to conform to your foot.

I love em'.........

I have 9 pairs in total. I still have the first pair I got 7 years ago. Good work boots around the house now. Get the ones with a cushion around your ankle, no pain.
I also use the DM shine stuff, works great. They came out with some cool American Flag boots a month ago, perfect timing.
We have a DM showcase store that has every kind they make that you don't see at the local mall. My wife still has not got a pair:confused: