are 9/11's rebuildable?

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
In the middle of rebuilding my 200R4 tranny and its got my mech scratching his head. He claims after doing all he can...hes pointing the finger at my old Kenne-bell 9/11 lock up converter. I would Much rather just drop the old thing and get a pretty shiny new one from PTS!:D But if i can save a few hundred bucks it'd be nice! CAN A 9/11 CONVERTER BE REBUILT or freshened up?
The last person to ever rebuild my tranny was Mike Doyle in rancho cucamunga CA over 14 years ago! And only NOW has the cars tranny acted up after years of quarter mile and cross country abuse.:redface:

Rebuild

YES, Any Convertor can be rebuilt. Unless the case is smashed or mangled. Internal parts can be replaced.

Awwwww but i LIKE new shiny stuff! oh well...AWESOME! thank you! Time to go poke some ribs and see about salvaging my converter!

Send it here...

In the middle of rebuilding my 200R4 tranny and its got my mech scratching his head. He claims after doing all he can...hes pointing the finger at my old Kenne-bell 9/11 lock up converter. I would Much rather just drop the old thing and get a pretty shiny new one from PTS!:D But if i can save a few hundred bucks it'd be nice! CAN A 9/11 CONVERTER BE REBUILT or freshened up?
The last person to ever rebuild my tranny was Mike Doyle in rancho cucamunga CA over 14 years ago! And only NOW has the cars tranny acted up after years of quarter mile and cross country abuse.:redface:

I can try to salvage it for you. Kenne Bell 9X11's were junk. I have a couple here you can have if you want them. LOL
I am serious too.LOL
I would rather see you get something of quality as the technology in that converter is 25 years old.
Give me a call when you can and I will go over and we can discuss all of your options.
916-739-0510 pst
good Luck
Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services

Hiya Bruce! I just recently bought an 04 Caddy CTS yesterday so getting anything new and SHINY(cough! pretty Billet!) will have to wait a month after my down payment this month clears for the caddy....*sighs* but THANKS AGAIN! You ROCK! :D !

Before.....

Hiya Bruce! I just recently bought an 04 Caddy CTS yesterday so getting anything new and SHINY(cough! pretty Billet!) will have to wait a month after my down payment this month clears for the caddy....*sighs* but THANKS AGAIN! You ROCK! :D !

You plop down ANY money for something new, Let's try to salvage what you have. It sounded to me that you liked the performance of that converter and let's see if we can save it and save YOU SOME MONEY! :biggrin: Hell, it is worth the attempt anyway. If it cannot be repaired, you are no better off than you are now and the little amount of money to ship it may be worth it.:rolleyes:
Just an idea and I am willing to work for ya to get Rusty to repair it.
Might be worth a shot anyway.

Lemme know. You can always ship it that way it is out here and you are out very little money. ;)

Just a thought

Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services

Bruce, I'm Still trying to see what my mr personality "Darrel" tranny mechanic you had the awkward fun of talking to has left to do...ihes now pointing the finger at the valve body...it turned out to NOT be the 9/11 at all! Anyone know the LETHAL Volts amounts a TAZER can dish out? Gonna be time to make my stubborn mechanic do the Funky chicken once i zap him into LISTENING to you and your advice!

Well

Warrant
It depends on what you want to change or freshen. Can be anywhere from 199.00-399.00 depending on age and abuse.
Hard to tell without opening it up.
Sorry but that is the truth.

SITHV6
Yes, It was a little ackward. But he's been building tranny's for 35 years so I guess he knows best....:rolleyes:
They all come around in the long run, lolol
Keep up the good fight, lol giggle.

Bruce
We4