Anyone wanna guess how much power I'll make?

turbosam6

My cars suck
We just made 650 rwhp running out of fuel on the dyno, 12 psi on pump gas. We are installing a big pump and stuff and upping boost about 3 lbs. Should know by weeks end how it does. I'm gonna guess right at 700, maybe a hair under in this heat.

Now who wants to guess how much it'll make on a 50 shot this winter? ;)

Sam...leave it to you have the need to strap a turbo to an already healthy LS1. I'm predicting 750's with spray while Mustang hunting, which means I need a larger turbo...

I will bring the WH1 out to your place when we get it running! Roller cam, big valve ported heads, PT54, liquid intercooler, more boost and alky....should be alot of fun! Seems like just last year all we had was a fuel pump and an adjustable regulator.... :biggrin:

Don't even mention my name in the same breath as that guy.

His sh!t wouldn't hold a candle to mine.

Hey Tom, its not a turbo, its a blower. I wanted to keep the A/C and stuff, and a procharger is simpler. 750 on spray? Try well over 800 on bottle. Last one like mine they built made 747 on blower (bigger blower than mine though) and 889 on a 75 shot. Nitrous makes big numbers on blown cars, due to the temperature drops. I'm not gonna spray it on the track, just because my tranny will hate me. But maybe on a 3rd gear roll, just to see what tire spin feels like at 90 mph. :biggrin:

turbosam6 said:
Don't even mention my name in the same breath as that guy.

His sh!t wouldn't hold a candle to mine.

Haha, but he is Mr. 50 shot. :rolleyes: :D

If you ever make it up north for club dyno day or something, I'd love to check the car out. :cool:

Got the dyno sheet.

757 RWHP on pump gas, no spray, through an A4 and 12 bolt. Still have a smaller pulley to try. But for now its pretty brutel. :cool:

Sam, you need a home page where the rest of us can view your car.
750 thats it :eek: with no spray, wow, i wished mine was that fun.

This thread is worthless without pics :wink:

BW

Hope Sam doesn't mind, I stole this pic from the LS1 site. :cool:

Attachments

• Sam'scamaro.jpg
    Sam'scamaro.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 214
Honestly I've only driven it a couple miles, but its not bad. I actually went from a 4200 stall to a 3600, so thats better. I got poly motor mounts and its transmitting a decent amount of vibration, plus I have a poly trans mount. Might change the trans mount back, I've heard its the source of most vibration. I can deal with it though. The weird thing is the car feels lighter, maybe because of the power/convertor combo. Its actually heavier by at least 120 lbs, still gotta weigh it. Maybe I'm just used to driving the truck?

http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car081sk4.jpg

Engine pic. Still using stock intake and TB. Using the new Dart heads, but they have been worked by Midwest engine tech. If it wasn't for the braided lines and fuel rails I'd be able to pass this off as slower. I'll just keep the hood shut......

That's pretty awesome. That is a lot of streetable power, when you make that sort of power does the motor have any longevity issues?

Bring it to Cordova sometime, I'll race ya. You'll have to change your location in your profile though. :cool:

To quote the builder when I asked him how much power this motor could handle---"I don't think you can break this motor".

I don't expect it to last 100K miles, but we installed good parts and its built by a VERY GOOD engine builder, plus we used the iron block to avoid cylinder distortion from high HP. I don't drive the car a whole bunch, and honestly on the street its insane, so I don't go WOT very often. I actually bought some 18" Z06 rims with Michelin Pilot sports for street duty and they break loose at 2-3 psi. Not even fun. The big MT DR's will go up in smoke at WOT from a roll, but I bet if I heat them up and hit it in 2nd gear it might hook.

Roger, this car isn't even close to being as fast as the Geo (I wanna cry having just posted that!), its very heavy and will take some work to get it hooking and stuff. I predict mid 10's, maybe a 10.30. Once I make the leap to go faster, it'll get a TH400 and about 300 lbs. removed from it, and a small nitrous shot. Right now its 100% street car.

turbosam6 said:
this car isn't even close to being as fast as the Geo (I wanna cry having just posted that
:D

Never thought of that one, but I like it. Sadly, the Geo is 0% street car really. I want to build an LS1 powered street rod for everyday duty. Not a rat rod but a car I can drive all the time and still look good. Probably with a 10' paint job. BUT, I want it to have an LS1 and six speed. No stupid power with the delusion of it being a street car. Just fast and sounding good.

I'd love to hear that. Does that have a wide Gilmer belt on it or a serpentine?

Just the stock ATI 8 rib belt arrangement, with a custom bracket to prevent flex.

There are actually alot of guys making very streetable high HP setups with LSX based engines, especially with turbo systems. I know of at least a few guys in the 1000+ HP range who still drive their cars. Throwing an LSX in a different body style would ease the use of turbo(s), theres bound to be more room. I'd love to do a GN with twin turbo LS1 power. Theres video of a Chevelle running around making 1000 rwhp and it looks pretty streetable. I have read where the owner drives it everywhere.

My car is street friendly, but it is loud (to me anyway, all the other V8 guys say its quiet), but you can maintain a conversation in it and hear the radio. I have made some sacrifices in the name of speed and traction, like ZERO bushings in the rear suspension, all rod ended joints, removed some sound deadening, got a loud ass fuel pump (had to), and I removed the back seat because once the 6 pt. bar went in it was inaccessible. I kept it though, once the boy is old enough he can manage to climb back there, right now his car seat won't fit in there easily though.

Maybe later on I'll remove the A/C and stuff to make it lighter, get some tubular front suspension stuff, light seats, spool, and all the other race stuff and go well into the 9's. Theres a new block out now that will be good to 3000 HP (IIRC) and I think once its become mainstream we'll see 1500 rwhp street cars. The shop that did my car has turned out quite a few 1000+ HP street cars and they get driven, but like I have learned, its useless power on the street. I think after 600 rwhp its pointless.