Anyone tried XS Power headers?

Their description says 321 stainless steel - that's pretty pricey stuff for cheap headers.

They can "say anything they want" when dealing with chinese junk. Who's going to verify it?

Probably has cast/poured flanges that are far from flat and v bands that cause headaches.

Get the headers, get good gaskets, get the flanges milled flat, buy good v band clamps thats well over 200.
Install them find that the pass side header is leaking at a seam that wasnt welded all the way. Pull back off pay to get welded.
Reinstall and after a few WOT tuning passes Races the pass side has walked over and hit the upper control arm due to the vband flare being crap and thin, now the headers are tweaked and the exh leaks and are now bent and will never fit correctly.

Now you have spent almost money as much as a set of TA iron headers that with VHT flameproof paint will hold up way better than you think if the prep and application is done correctly

3 different people I know have had all the above or more issues with the China cheapos and went back to the stockers or TA's.

Money and time invested adds up and the ticking exh and poor fitting parts are very frustrating and just make it all the worse

I bought a set for my car and ended up giving them away. The bolt holes were 1/4 inch from lining up to the heads, but it was more trouble than it was worth to try to send them back. I chalk it up as a lesson learned. I have since decided that I would rather pay 3 times the cost of the Chinese junk and support an American craftsman that takes the time and initiative to design and build something for our cars. My wife hates to go shopping with me anymore (not a bad thing really).

Google search shows they're the same company that sells the crappy ones on eBay... knew it was too good to be true.

Google search shows they're the same company that sells the crappy ones on eBay... knew it was too good to be true.

well givaways were there .. CHEAP and polished 321 (Chinese grade ZZZ) .. oh.. we run REAL TA headers to :cool:

I had a set of these once, leaked, hit my 4'' downpipe, took them on and off more times than I can remember, lucked out and found a NEW set of TA stainless on eBay that I "snipered" for 650.After I installed my new 72 turbo, I was having a problem with the 4'' intake smashing my upper radiator hose into the WP pulley, no fun!! Soooooooo I took my chop saw and cut a section out of my Chinese headers and used that for the "cross over" that went between the pulley and the intake tube. Now the intake tube doesent smashmy radiator hose closed. See they are good for some thing!

give em a whirl.. let us know how they work out :cool: $179 shipped is a deal !!

Grumpy, I've been on the board for a while and I understand your humor here. However, just saying if I were a newbie and seen your post I would not have known your state of personality when you posted this. :cool:

I understand there are a lot of JUNK ebay headers out there. It's a shame that it's came to that. It seems like a lot of people are just trying to make a quick buck.
I was lucky and did get a set of ebay headers that fit and sealed good after a little bit of work. still a PITA.

Yea Grumpy is your damn fault I bought mine in the first place! Dont you have some work on that RX7 you could be doing?? :)

I was looking for a replacement for my ATR's this winter (head clamp issues.) I was going to buy the Samballs headers. Ended up spending a grand on the TA's....it set my car fund back a little....but NO REGRETS!!!!!

How are the Hooker headers as far a leaks?I bought a used set and have not put them on yet......Any thing I should know before I start to put them on....

I was looking for a replacement for my ATR's this winter (head clamp issues.) I was going to buy the Samballs headers. Ended up spending a grand on the TA's....it set my car fund back a little....but NO REGRETS!!!!!

Hey Kevin you got your car ready for columbus?

I'm using the stock headers right now. I may be using a T60 turbo for columbus as I won't have the 70 by then.

Hey Kevin you got your car ready for columbus?

I'm using the stock headers right now. I may be using a T60 turbo for columbus as I won't have the 70 by then.

It will be Tuesday!! Been working 12 hour days at work here lately...been a little busy. Are you ready. Call me!

Dont you have some work on that RX7 you could be doing?? :)

what RX7 you talkin about :confused: :biggrin: still doin small junk to Melissa's.. just did the "J" hook inside the shifter. You should see the stock one I took out :eek: Ill post it over in the tans section ..
oh as far as my "give it a whirl" comment .. we have a NEW option thing on this board.. called a "SEARCH" button :p Plus I was sure guys would come in with their pro and con stories :cool: