anyone running the me r setup?

jtopdawg

i'am building my engine now and with the setup i have i hope to get in the 10.80 10.90 range. i was looking into the tranlator+ setup with the extender chip, but would like to know if anyone is running the me r setup and is there any advantages to running it over the trans+. what does it consist of and is difficult to setup? can someone enlighten me on this? thanks :confused:

I've run the R now for little more than a year and a half. I think it's the best set up going. Really easy to install, tune, and lets you dump the MAF. Streetability is superior to any chip I had tried before. My second GN is now being updated to the R from the regular ME.

Im running it ,Walt Judy ,Louie Lopez,And Roy Garcia I think .I love it 4 " inlet no maf,you can tune on the fly with many many options.almost as good as sex

I wasnt sure if they both were running or not .Sorry for the misinfo.Its the only mistake ive made so far and Im 46 now!.Well I did put that MAF sensor in backwards once so thats two so far..........

can you run the stock coilpack and module? also can you adjust the timing like the trans +?

No. Why do you want to adjust the timing so bad? I run 18 on the street, 24 at the track. He'll burn whatever timing you want on your chip.

Although on the trans plus you can adjust timing, there is no comparison when it comes to fuel adjustability.

MaxEffort is the BEST!

russ i just thought that was something you needed to do with the setup. remember i don't know thats why i'am asking before i go one way or the other. so far i like what you guys are telling me. i was told by someone that it was to difficult to setup :mad: but i think by the end of the month i should have enough peenys saved up that i can get the me r deal. what is a ballpark figure on the setup? i notice some of you guys time and if the me r is one of the key components to run that safely then i think it's for me.

It's like 600$ or so buy the time your all said and done. If you get it, you can e-mail me anytime and I'll help you! Steve Y is ALWAYS around to help also. His customer service is well, #1. Everybody else is chasin him.

russ thanks for the info you tha man :p i'am still waiting on my motor but hopefully in the next month i will have it up and running and will be giving you a shout to head me in the right path with the setup. once again thanks for your input and reply and probably your upcoming help. :) :) :) :)

Russ, yes its 600 for the me-r but lets not forget that without an egt, and a good scantool the me-r is un-tunable! so figure at least another 200-400 for the tuning side of it.

I don't know why you are asking for all this help when you can just go to Memphis Motorsport Park and ask Scooter, he is that guy with the 8 sec white T Type.

I changed to ME-R, from the first T-lator version with a 3" lt1 MAF. It was very easy to set up with a scan tool. Once I got it set up where I though I was safe for a WOT blast, I mashed on the pedal and WHAM! That boost needle has never swung that fast. I heard this fear inducing HISSSS from the air rushing in the 4"inlet air filter with no MAF to restrict it and the car had never pulled so hard. I had planned to go to the track that night. It got rained out. The next weekend my tranny busted. And when I got a new tranny in I spun a main in my new engine. :mad: So I do not have any after results, but I am for sure that it would have been alot quicker than my time in my sig. I am presently getting the car back together. The 2 weeks I had on the street before the car came apart, were filled with alot of Mustang/Camaro ass kicking.

But the thing is, the car has never driven better and peppier. Throttle response is great. The air intake noise scares people. :cool: Mileage is good. I will never have to buy another chip. And Steve Y is the real deal, and you will always have him in your corner for technical help.

Do a search on all the other ME-R posts.

headcutta i think that guy is having a lot of trouble out of his 8 second t type last time out it just went 12.40's, whats up with that? i think i'll stick with these guys who seems like they know what the hell they are talking about. :cool:

Perhaps he was talking 1/8 mile.
Why talk to someone in the 8's about ME-R? Thi sis OBVIOUSLY out of range of what anybody could do with a stock ECM with a fancy little chip doohickey. Obviously aftermarket engine mgmt territory.

But there are guys in the nines with it though. It has swung the doors wide open on what a factory ecm could do performance wise (and drivability wise too). The only thing more flexible is
something like FAST, and I am nowhere near ready for that.