Anyone run NGK Iridium plugs?

Denso

kenny Duttweiler says that the DENSO Iridium ITF20 is the best plug, that's what he runs. Has anyone ran these? I bought some and wow $12 ea. I'm afraid to put them in. LOL

Just ordered 6 thru Autozone at 12.99 a pop, will give them a try, these are
the ITF20 Denso's, talk about spendy we will see.

Ron

Will let you know how well they work, I will be @ 21-23 lbs with meth, I'm thinking of gapping them around .028- .030 to start, maybe even a little tighter, we will see.

Ron

Will let you know how well they work, I will be @ 21-23 lbs with meth, I'm thinking of gapping them around .028- .030 to start, maybe even a little tighter, we will see.

Ron

I would gap at 27. I gap my AC's at 25 because of the 28psi

im running 23psi with alky right now and the cr43 delco's gapped at .035, im pretty sure im getting minor misfires now though. I based my gap off of the "spring cleaning" from gnttype.org

Im thinking maybe i need a little tighter gap after reading you all talk, any thoughts?

when i lean the car out a little more, the mis seems to go away....:confused:

Just installed the Denso's, gapped them at .028 cause I'm only in the 21-23lb range, got a new tranny in so kinda breaking it in slowly before I get into it, so we will see.

Ron

My bad, I went back and found it was the Platinums that are breaking off the tips into turbo motors, STAY FAR AWAY FROM PLATINUMS, many have had cylinder failure with them.

If Dutt has 1000hp+ motors using Iridiums, there is something to them other than Performance Magazine hype.

+1 . Been running em for years and love em..

I was running the V-Power UR5 plugs and was very happy with them. I even had to tear the motor down due to a cracked #2 piston but the car was still running strong and firing fine before the teardown. They're still available and fairly cheap. I'll be buying another set. :cool:

Denso Iridiums

I am a big fan of the Denso Iridiums. I bought these thru advance auto parts. My last set was in SloGN for nearly 2 yrs. I never had a problem with tem until my coil pack went out and i changed the plugs out thinking they were bad when in fact the coil pack was the issue.

I have a better idle and throttle response with these plugs. Also the firing tip is much smaller so the firing voltage is much more concentrated and has more energy.

with the type II ignition set up with these plugs i should not have any problem opening the plug gap up and running 25 lbs of boost.

there is more power to be had on a bigger plug gap. thats if you can keep them lit ;)

Part Number Part Type Price EA Core EA Quantity Total
0 No Vehicle Specified
DENSO 5331 Spark Plug $ 6.91 $ 0.00 6 $ 41.46
Shipping $ 6.92
Order Total $ 48.38

OK, verrrry funny

I just received the UR5 Iridiums and they are pre-gapped at .038 and it says in big capital letters "Do not gap Iridium plugs you will snap the center electrode".

I guess my plan is to gap them carefully with a needlenose or something so I don't pry against the center pin.

How did yous guys do it and what did you set the gap to?

TIA

Mike

I just received the UR5 Iridiums and they are pre-gapped at .038 and it says in big capital letters "Do not gap Iridium plugs you will snap the center electrode".

I guess my plan is to gap them carefully with a needlenose or something so I don't pry against the center pin.

How did yous guys do it and what did you set the gap to?

TIA

Mike

That must be new - mine didn't come with that warning. I have broken electrodes off of them while trying to gap them, though. Just be careful not to put any pressure on the center electrode.

Jim

What are you guys gapping the denso's at, I did mine at .028, I'm thinking it might be a tad to tight, let me know the consensus or if there is one on these plugs.

Ron

That must be new - mine didn't come with that warning. I have broken electrodes off of them while trying to gap them, though. Just be careful not to put any pressure on the center electrode.
Jim

Cool thanks Jim. We have pretty much identical configuration, what did you gap them at?

[:)