Anyone recognize these headers?

Turbo F-bird

A friend of mine bought these from Kenne Bell around 1990-1991 but never used them. They look like pictures I've seen of the Hooker Headers that everyone here hates but I've never seen a set of them in person. I know he got them from KB so maybe they were an early version of their headers? I always heard the KB's were great but maybe these are the exception? If they're good I'll use them.

100_0293.jpg

100_0294.jpg

100_0295.jpg

thats a hooker style of setup.

would definitly be for a BIG HP car... 9s and faster I would imagine.

would spool terrible on a street car I would imagine.

but there specific to a TTA it looks like

A.j.

The turbo mounting flange is offset at a radical angle!! Might be for a 3.8 GM or Ford, but not a turbo regal or TTA

The up pipe is probably on backwards.

Theyre junk. Toss them in the closest dumpster.

Ellis Fabrication made those headers for KB and Duttweiler. Then KB knocked off the ATR headers and replaced that design with the newer one.

Jay.........

did you know Joe Ellis, ??? of Ellis fab.
I worked with him for few yrs@ hooker headers,
we did lots of special projects for Duttwieler, and others,
fun,,,,,,,,, but no money!

The up pipe is probably on backwards.

Theyre junk. Toss them in the closest dumpster.

Ellis Fabrication made those headers for KB and Duttweiler. Then KB knocked off the ATR headers and replaced that design with the newer one.

Thanks Jay I figured someone would know what they were. Sucks to hear they're junk but oh well.

i have a deferent version of those headers
i actually had them on a car YEARS ago don't remember how they compare to stockers.

Attachments

• 1100-0056_IMG.JPG
    1100-0056_IMG.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 300
They don't work.. plain an simple.

but they look good installed on the engine.:biggrin:
the one thing i do remember is that the car sounded deferent??:confused:
Once i get my car in order id like to try them with no other changes just to see how bad they are.
i do like the design for a V8 conversion especially for a some one like me that can't make his own headers or pay a million dollars for a custom set.
i all ways figured a set of block hugger shorties with the similar Y and up pipe.

If you are looking to get rid of them let me know as my I may have a project that they could be modded and used on. Jon Hanson

did you know Joe Ellis, ??? of Ellis fab.
I worked with him for few yrs@ hooker headers,
we did lots of special projects for Duttwieler, and others,
fun,,,,,,,,, but no money!

Yea.. I know Joe. I used to buy headers from him back in the 90s. I havent talked to him in a long time.. Hell, I dont even know if he's still alive. I know the owner of Dawson Racing Headers died a couple of years ago. I used to buy all kinds of stuff from him.

i have a deferent version of those headers
i actually had them on a car YEARS ago don't remember how they compare to stockers.

Those look like the Hooker version. Hooker used the ball flange. KB and Duttweiler used the 3 bolt flange.

Those look like the Hooker version. Hooker used the ball flange. KB and Duttweiler used the 3 bolt flange.

ya I believe they are hookers. Have pics somewhere but can't find em. Had 2 customers back in the day that loved em but had a bog issue :eek: Both went back to stockers an couldn't believe the difference. :biggrin: Oh I did sell both sets to other Buick guys that knew everything back then. :p

ya I believe they are hookers. Have pics somewhere but can't find em. Had 2 customers back in the day that loved em but had a bog issue :eek: Both went back to stockers an couldn't believe the difference. :biggrin: Oh I did sell both sets to other Buick guys that knew everything back then. :p

Yes they are hookers i also have the Hooker DP that goes with the headers
The DP has the "Hooker" tag on it.