Anyone near Lansing?

Fryer,

Art was the past president of the MBTC but his term has concluded.

My friend lives off of Aurelius (sp) road in a condo place.

You guys just pick the place and time and I will try to attend. The more notice you give me the better. We have a new puppy and my wife is active in the AKC so she goes away on weekends a lot of the time.

TireFryer,

I think i traded a couple of post with yah way back in the day, You had a Ttype for sale i think, im not for sure. WEll anyways if your in Lansing its all good! Be kinda sweet if we could all hook up though, I thought I was the only one. I never see any other GNs in Lansing when im in town for the weekend crusin. Well i know one guy but I always saw him in his red GTP. come to think about it he may be one of the guys who posted on here already. You ever hang out at the "Gutt" on Jolly and Cedar? Glad you signed in:cool:

What the hell have we started! And we all thought we were the only ones In lil ole Lansing that had GN's. Nice to know we're not alone. lol Yaw'll just made my day! :D

Renthorin:
I know exactly the place you are referring too... I was looking at condo's off of Aurelius as well not too long ago.
Cool guy Art...got to see him putting his car and motor together...some nice work he had done to the car! Have yet to see it run though :)

V8KillR4U:
I believe u r right! I did have the T-type and have since sold it, mush to my chagrin. However, back in the market for one :)

To all:
I have located a project 85 HA in GR area needing some work/rebuilt. Would anyone be willing to help out and go look at it with me to see if it's even worth getting start with or not. I would be converting to an 87.
Also, if anyone has leads to a local (MI) T-top TR, let me know...I would prefer a T-top to a HT.

Thanx :)

TireFryer,

Id be able to help on the weekends with the build. IMHO I say get 86-87 If your gonna do a swap save the headache and money:) Unless thats just what you want? Either way I'll lend yah a hand!

Fryer, "Turbo6x2" is West of Lansing and they run hot airs. Jamie might have some useful suggestions and comments if you are going to go look at one. She might even go with you but of course you should ask her :)

I agree with V8 - go find an 86/87 and pay a bit more to begin with but save the pain in the butt of converting.

I sold one a couple years back but I've still got one. I've got some work to do on it yet but I'm hoping for a lot more track time this summer. Now if we could just get the snow to leave early. :)

Originally posted by Renthorin
Fryer,

Art was the past president of the MBTC but his term has concluded.

My friend lives off of Aurelius (sp) road in a condo place.

You guys just pick the place and time and I will try to attend. The more notice you give me the better. We have a new puppy and my wife is active in the AKC so she goes away on weekends a lot of the time.

Same here. The more notice the better. That way I have time to be nice to my wife :)

I live out in Dover's Crossing and work at MSU if you guys dont mind haning out with a DSM guy I would be more than willing to lend a hand or just hang out.
Andy

Im cool with it! i should have the motor ready to go in fellas in about 3-weeks, just ordered the new turboa and other odds and end to put onthe motor before i drop it in so Ill be ready soon!

Sounds good to me if people from the area want to hang out before that I would be more than willing to meet up somewhere...its winter and I am waiting on parts from Mitsu so whenever or wherever.

Originally posted by Jay
I remember meeting you guys once. I think it was M5 or M6?, not sure, or could have been a wednesday TnT?
Everyone still have the same cars?? PM me the low down. I seem to remember a Syclone...

Or maybe a black Typhoon?!;)

I'm 1/2 between GR and Lansing, I hang out with Nocooler and ShouldIBuy and try to get their 11 sec cars to give my poor stock TY some encouragement. I chased these guys for years with my old Hot-Air slug.

I'm getting " it's spring get the truck out with new mods" fever already, must be the 35 degree weather.:rolleyes:

Guys im almost ready. Waiting on my cnverter to get back, shouldn't be more than a few weeks. So you guys still game for helping a feloow member drop a motor in his GN. Lord knows ill need all the help i can get. Id like to get it installed right! Let me know guys, its almost getting to that time!

I am still up for it.

Are you going to put in the HRParts poly motor mounts? This would be THE time to do it.

Originally posted by Renthorin
I am still up for it.

Are you going to put in the HRParts poly motor mounts? This would be THE time to do it.

I was considering it! Ill let you know guys as the time gets closer :eek:)

Hi guys, I'm from Hillsdale Mich, This July there will be a cruise in, located in Coldwater Mich. Not to far for you lansing guys, Just take I-69 south to US 12, Last year there were close to a 1000 cars there, It would be cool to have a huge buick turn out. I'll keep you posted on the date, when I know for sure. Best regards,
Vern .

Vern, I thought you lived near Detroit for some reason.

You going to come to the Summer Fling this year?

In fact, is everyone in this thread going to attend? :) (Shameless plug).