Anyone lives in Sarasota. FL?

gnfanatic

Looking for comments, suggestion, experiences, etc. Might be buying a house down there. I heard it is very nice and most of the west coast is?

thansk!

I have relatives who have lived in Sarasota for 30 years. When my cousins grew up and moved out, my aunt and unlce moved only a couple miles away from their old neighborhood. It's beutiful down there. They live only a couple of miles from the gulf coast.

its beautiful there Siesta Key St Armands Square Longboat Key all within miles if Sarasota i went there every year since i was young up until my aunt passed a few years back i sure miss it! you wont be sorry

its beautiful there Siesta Key St Armands Square Longboat Key all within miles if Sarasota i went there every year since i was young up until my aunt passed a few years back i sure miss it! you wont be sorry

I've been down there a few times, a friend had a condo on Longboat Key.
I agree it's a beautiful area, one of the nicest I've ever seen.

It gets brutal hot in the summer, almost unbearable to be anywhere
besides in the water. I couldn't work in those conditions.
So for me it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
I like the change of seasons, each season has it's own beauty.
That's why I stay in the midwest :smile:

Looking for comments, suggestion, experiences, etc. Might be buying a house down there. I heard it is very nice and most of the west coast is?

thansk!
its awesome here,i wont move ever...nows the time to buy with the maket like it is...i know a few realators as i do their flooring...the water is very nice,let me know what area your looking at and ill tell you ya or no..my friends just came over from west palm and they are filthy rich and after one day out they are looking to buy now...jump on my forum in my link below and check out all the local sarasota people we have on,alot of talk about this area on my forum...

thanks guys! tommynos, thats my problem. I dont know Sarasota well enough to where to buy and has to be somewhat close to work as well if I move down there. I am going to visit there soon for 2 weeks., can you guys give some details on good places and bad?

thanks!
Rsalph

Bradenton is right there too only about 4 miles from the Gulf Coast. Very close to Sarasota too. I have relatives in Bradenton- that is a nice area there with Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key, etc. Anything on the coast will be much more expensive but I'm sure you already knew that.

thanks guys! tommynos, thats my problem. I dont know Sarasota well enough to where to buy and has to be somewhat close to work as well if I move down there. I am going to visit there soon for 2 weeks., can you guys give some details on good places and bad?

thanks!
Rsalph
let me know your budget and what your looking for and i can ask around as i do know alot of people here...and what kind of area you want to be in..pm me when you get in i can show you around a bit.

Didnt you just move to Georgia Ralph? Why the move already?

Thanks guys, Jim i moved back to NY about 7 months ago. I liked GA but didnt fall in love wiht it like I thought I would. Tonnynos, I appreciate the offer and will take you up on it! I am a new member at the other site. going to post a new member post

talk soon
Ralph

my 2 cents

i live here in St Pete....yes it is hot as hell here now,and i work outside,the humidity is what kills you.sarasota is upper class and very clean and friendly as it has alot of wealty retired people living there....lots to do in a close proximity to sarasota....we have all the major teams...kick ass beaches
several nice dragstrips and circle tracks...it does not snow...thanks god
florida is not for everyone but year round golf/cruisin/boating/whatever is why i will never leave...pay is good and the ladies are FINE......Miami YEA
so come on down....

Thanks guy, Tommy I appreciate that and will talk to you soon. I have a question for you guys. South Venice , that is in Sarasota county? how is it over there? my friend that lives down in Sarasota told me that Brandenton and all of venice is nice, becareful of Northport. Some nice deals down there :)

:biggrin:
Thanks guy, Tommy I appreciate that and will talk to you soon. I have a question for you guys. South Venice , that is in Sarasota county? how is it over there? my friend that lives down in Sarasota told me that Brandenton and all of venice is nice, becareful of Northport. Some nice deals down there :)
i lived in venice for 8 years,they say all the old people live in sarasota and their parents live in venice:D ...back in the day the lights blinked at 10p.m.....its o.k,its quite id live their before bradenton,some of bradenton is nice but alot of bad areas all around it,alot more rowdy up in b-town.....id go for venice before bradenton...northport is growing like crazy,less stores and such around their,but growing,i know MANY people that sold here in sarasota and moved to north port,i think north port is better than venice,just jobs are scarce and you might have to travel..

just tell me a location in any area and ill tell you ya or no,alot of flood area in north port so watch what you buy...cops are pricks in north port,they pull you over for being ugly,i know this personally:biggrin: i know people in north port and venice so i can put you in touch with them...most of venice is built up allready and the houses for the most part are small and close with no sidewalks that ive ever seen,north port is growing so new houses have gone up all over...

yes its sarasota county still,i lived in south venice off of south venice blvd...

and englewood isnt too nice,imo...

Ralph-
I grew up in St.Pete and drove to Venice every weekend for the beach and shark teeth! I have jars! Just make sure when you buy that you are NOT in a flood zone as insurance will suck more than it already does- IF you can even get insurance!:biggrin: