Anyone leave the wheel well trim off?

I thought i saw in a view pics / vids of people leaving the wheel well trim off when redoing the car. Anyone like this or think it looks cleaner?

Mine are off, but I purchased the car like that. I bought the nos4gn to install one day

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Mine are off, and will stay off when I finally get the body and paint redone. The door trim is coming off too.

I think one reason why you see some cars without the wheel trim mouldings is because one (or sometimes all of them) was damaged and the owner did not find any replacements...

Claude.

My wheel trim and door trim is off... I like it so much better. Just gives it a sleek look. Have two sets of perfect wheel trim hangin in my garage. .. just choose not to use it.

My car was also missing them when I bought it, they'll stay off until I meet my performance goals and money for finishing touches...Mike

Mine are off on one car, the 87 GN roller that I bought was in absolute perfect condition except for the rust that had developed in various spots along each wheel well trim. The front of the rear tires were especially bad. The front pax side was missing a screw which made the trim stick out a little caught a lot of dirt and moisture. They are coming off and never going back on. Luckily the patches are available again ( take a moment for a BWEAVY shoutout........ ) and it will look like new soon.

Never got around to putting mine on....prolly won't either.
image.jpg

I think that if your car is 100% stock then leave them on, if not it looks better with them off. Very GNXish. Plus easier to wax/wash.
DSC01777.JPG
DSC01778.JPG

Mine came off years ago on both my GN's. Makes the sides look so much cleaner, and since I don't have to use mine as daily drivers I also removed all the door ding trim when they were painted.

When I had this white T painted, the guys at the shop did not like it w/o the wheel opening trim, and actually neither did I?

The moldings were trashed, so they used tape to replicate the effect, and it added finish to the overall look! :)

1986-Z15.JPG

Mine are off but I have the Lauren engineering body kit on my car.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1375803483.540706.jpg

No trim is a cleaner look imo, and one less spot for water to sit and eventually rust out underneath it.

I think one reason why you see some cars without the wheel trim mouldings is because one (or sometimes all of them) was damaged and the owner did not find any replacements...

Claude.
Dude that is one of the best avatar's I have seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and my trim is off I prefer the clean look ;)

My .02 cents is, it looks better with them off. I have shaved bumpers too that really sets off the clean look.

I think you guys are convincing me to leave mine off. Those are some clean looking rides!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

One day I tried to take mine off.
Then I saw all the rust spots and quickly put them back on. :) :) :)