anyone know this i-c?

wile87

BEEP BEEP MY ASS
just as i stated above. anyone know anything about this intercooler?
100_0166.jpg

i don't understand. how come i should watch the boost? like it could pop? it seems pretty solid i mean all the welds look good.

There is a pic floating around of one of the older versions with a blown end tank. That is what the above post is talking about.

any idea who made it. the guy i bought it from said he didn't know the manufacturer but it worked great on his car

Is that the BA?
We put one on a car a couple years ago and had no problems.

Is that the BA?
We put one on a car a couple years ago and had no problems.
To small for a BA, although any intercooler with weld seems on the outside of the tank will eventually blow open.
I've been there

it looks small in the box. it's actually the biggest i've seen. it's almost as long and tall as the rad itself. i believe it is 4 in wide.

If its 4" wide that's designed for cars running 130+ thru the traps. I've seen twin turbo V3 blow out, Tony had to run thicker gauge tanks. How much did you pay for it?

Did it come with the pipes? I'm wondering if it's an Ebay intercooler. Looks like one to me.

If you are worried just run a couple ratchet straps around the end tanks to hold them on at high boost.....:biggrin:

yes it came with chrome pipes and it is not an ebay hack item item. ask diaz87 about the quality of this ic and piping. this isn't some ebay hack job. you can tell by looking at it in person that somebody put some time into this thing. like i said, the ic is about the same demensions as the rad except it's 4 in deep frnt to bk

One way to be sure is to pressure test it before you install it. A lot of fabricated tanks on A/W units use angle aluminum over all the welded joints. The angle piece is then welded to the unit as well. It is hard to tell from the pic I think, but those welds seem a bit thin.

Joe

If you do a pressure test do your self a favor and cap one side FILL WITH WATER then cap other side and pressure up. with water in it IF/WHEN it fails it will just start leaking. If you just cap it and pump in the air IF/WHEN it fails it is much more "impressive"!!! Just a little tip.