Anyone into classic video games?

This past weekend I dug out the old Nintendo NES and hooked it up. I played Zelda for a while and mike tysons punch out. Brings back memories.

I've got a few of the oldies on my Wii...kids love them! Video games just aren't what they used to be anymore. :rolleyes:

anybody rocking a sega master system? i got duplicate games if anyone wants to trade?

A.j.

I love my SMS. Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Phantasy Star were my favorites.

Thanks to all who joined. I hope to have all of you guys stop by and register. :cool:

I love my SMS. Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Phantasy Star were my favorites.

Thanks to all who joined. I hope to have all of you guys stop by and register. :cool:

Alex Kidd in Miracle world is still my all time favorite game ever. talk about some tripped out ideas back then.

Thanks for the link! hope to see ya there!

A.j.

Alex Kidd in Miracle world is still my all time favorite game ever. talk about some tripped out ideas back then.

A.j.

Just changed my avatar to honor that great game. Glad to see you on the forums!

I remember playing Clay Fighter!!

Attachments

• 360370-img2_large.png
    360370-img2_large.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 410
I love classic gaming!! I'm so glad someone posted about this. I would rather play some good arcade games or Sega classics than a x-box 360 any day. I have every major system up to PS1 emulated on my computer with just every game you could want. I even built my own MAME cabinet (for anyone that doesn't know mame is a program that allows you to play 1000's of arcade hits on your computer). Me and my friends love staying up drinking and playing the classics like pacman, donkey kong, gauntlet, ect, on it. Nice to see some other people on here into classic gaming.

I also love and appreciate the classics. Hopefully my cousin will build me a stand up mame system. Gotta go, banana phones ringing.

A.j.

The sad thing is, none of the sequels really compared to the original. Not that they were bad, but the original was far superior. With Super Mario Bros., there were many games that captured the magic of the original in a way that no AK sequel ever did.

The sad thing is, none of the sequels really compared to the original. Not that they were bad, but the original was far superior. With Super Mario Bros., there were many games that captured the magic of the original in a way that no AK sequel ever did.

especially if you got a fat sack and a case of redbulls.

nuthing compares to Alex Kidd.....

A.j.

old school games

i love donkey kong and haven't played it in years, my wife has a copy of it on her nintendo DS. just like the old school, i actually ran into a stand up one at a bar on 6th st in austin about 4 yrs ago and played it a few times. there was a guy who had his quarters lined up playing it like crazy. we chatted for a few and he said about once a week he'll go there drink a few beers and play it. been along time since i played that one but if you really want to go back, i used to play PONG, and colleco vision back in the day. i ran into an original atari 2600 with games at a pawnshop for 100.00 the other day. crazy how these old systems bring that kinda money.

I am a long time member here, and would love to have some of you guys stop by my classic gaming site, Zap Classic Video Game Forums. Check it out. :)

Back around 1982-83 when you had to go to a arcade my favorite was Pulsar.

Everyone was playing Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Frogger and Centipede.

I liked Frogger and Centipede, but Pulsar was different. Galaga was another favorite. Do you remember Pulsar?

Back around 1982-83 when you had to go to a arcade my favorite was Pulsar.

Everyone was playing Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Frogger and Centipede.

I liked Frogger and Centipede, but Pulsar was different. Galaga was another favorite. Do you remember Pulsar?

Wow, I do not remember Pulsar by name. What type of game was it?

My favorite was crazy climber. I would play for hours. I am actually building a tabletop mame cabinet so I can pass the fun of the old arcades to my boys. Any time we go to Funspot in NH, they head right to the third floor, where all the classics are. Anybody else have MAME cabinets?