Anyone into classic video games?

We just traded a neo geo cabnet ... it had like 3-4 games in 1 cabnet u just change cartridges. We traded it to the company we buy our new games to because steve smith wanted it.

I no longer have any arcade games, but once had a Kung-Fu Master in my room as a late teen.

Im currently building a MAME standup cabinet to play all the classics on. Im gonna then build a cocktail cabinent for DK and pacman only. My favorite game of all time is Robotron.

I just saw this thread and thought i would share my MAME cabinet with you guys. MAME is a emulator that accurately plays arcade games on a computer for people that don't know. Along with having over a thousand arcade games it has the complete game collections of almost every major classic system (master system, genesis, snes, nes, turbo grafx, ect...). It this point I think I could play a different game every day on it for the rest of my life and still not get through them all :smile:.
For anyone that likes classic games I would highly recommend building your own cabinet. I had a great time building mine and it gets put to use almost every time I have company over. The street fighter competitions get pretty heated on this thing :D

Attachments

• DSCF0355.jpg
    DSCF0355.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF0656.jpg
    DSCF0656.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 129
That cabinet is amazing. Wish I had the room. What do you guys think about something smaller, like this? It's called the Ultracade. It's $1,700, but has 180 games built-in! I want I want I want!

ultracade_countertop.jpg

www.pinballs.com

I'm testing out a banner rotation program on Zap! Classic Video Game Forums. All banner ads on Zap! will be 100% free for the next month. Just give me the link to your banner and the web address of where you want it to point. You banner will be displayed at the bottom of the forums, in rotation. Since it's free, my only rule is that I prefer it be non-controversial. Let the banner rotation begin!

Oh yeah, I am not asking for anything in return, nor am I asking you to join or even look at my site or anything like that. It's a one month (likely longer) promotion and free. :)

I just saw this thread and thought i would share my MAME cabinet with you guys. MAME is a emulator that accurately plays arcade games on a computer for people that don't know. Along with having over a thousand arcade games it has the complete game collections of almost every major classic system (master system, genesis, snes, nes, turbo grafx, ect...). It this point I think I could play a different game every day on it for the rest of my life and still not get through them all :smile:.
For anyone that likes classic games I would highly recommend building your own cabinet. I had a great time building mine and it gets put to use almost every time I have company over. The street fighter competitions get pretty heated on this thing :D

That is awesome. Has got to be the coolest setup I've seen so far. Its funny cause I was just in Columbia, MO this summer. My brother in law has all the emulators so something like that would be pretty feasible. I grew up when the 2600 still had new games coming out. I think my dad and I went nuts trying to beat each other on missile command. I liked moon patrol a lot and Qbert as well. I also found this. I think I will pick it up.

Atari Flashback 2 game System | DKOldies.com

For the money I can't go wrong. My son is 4 so I want to get him into the old games too.

That is awesome. Has got to be the coolest setup I've seen so far. Its funny cause I was just in Columbia, MO this summer. My brother in law has all the emulators so something like that would be pretty feasible. I grew up when the 2600 still had new games coming out. I think my dad and I went nuts trying to beat each other on missile command. I liked moon patrol a lot and Qbert as well. I also found this. I think I will pick it up.

Atari Flashback 2 game System | DKOldies.com

For the money I can't go wrong. My son is 4 so I want to get him into the old games too.
I have that Flashback 2 system, it's really cool and worth the price. Did you know Atari is coming out with a Flashback portable? Can't wait for that.

I have a modded xbox with nearly every arcade, atari, nintendo, and super nintendo game ever made.

I have a modded xbox with nearly every arcade, atari, nintendo, and super nintendo game ever made.

I have that also. What a pain in the butt to go through all the games to find the one you want though.