Anyone in here ever put a Buick V6 in a 911 Porsche?

GlockandRoll

Seems like a dream built too me, get a late 70's 930 turbo body kit, but the radiator up front and the inter-cooler in the tail, probably lighter than factory and a good build would make it terrifying on a track.

911 Conversion Pictures

Seems like a dream built too me, get a late 70's 930 turbo body kit, but the radiator up front and the inter-cooler in the tail, probably lighter than factory and a good build would make it terrifying on a track.

911 Conversion Pictures

I'm sure it could be done since they shoe horn that small block in there. I've always wanted to do it. I actually bought an adapter kit once to do the swap. Still got it incase you want to give it a try. It has the flywheel balanced for the 3.8 even fire as well as trans adapter. I really wanted to try it in a 914 and have the mid engine balance. I've seen that done with a carbed 3.8 turbo.

being a 3800 series 2 sc enthusiast and seeing all the fiero 3800 sc conversions running 10's & 11's I have thought that a porsche conversion would be super cool

being a 3800 series 2 sc enthusiast and seeing all the fiero 3800 sc conversions running 10's & 11's I have thought that a porsche conversion would be super cool
I'd honestly go for the Series II engine over the classic 3.8. Lower deck means it's narrower and more likely to fit. A Turbo6 with GN style headers is almost as wide as a BBC so going into a hole that a flat 6 came out of I'd be going for the narrowist package I could get. Also a bit more prevelant supply.

There is a 928 down the street from me that has been sitting for at least 10 years . The car is a v8? I would love to get that car.

There is a 928 down the street from me that has been sitting for at least 10 years . The car is a v8? I would love to get that car.

I'm not the best porsche guy by far, but the porsche guys I know that do swaps say to try and find a 944 turbo, and put a small block in it.... just put a helmet on and go race, it's that strong and well balanced.