Anyone in 29 palms, Yucca Valley CA area?

TY72

Hey everyone. Car hasnt been running for several months now. Ive been learning alot these cars and troubleshooting using the no start trees and remedies as posted by you guys. I was wondering if there was anyone close by that could lend me a hand or just someone to stand there and look at the engine in disgust with me. Is there a good known shop in this area that I could maybe drop the car off at? Thanks for listening--Troy

What's it doing (or not doing)? Why did it stop running. What's the history of this car? Oh yea, WELCOME!

Mike Barnard

Well, I bought the car from the cars for sale section here. Bought it off a member. The car ran like a raped ape from Irvine back up here to 29. The car ran great for about 2 weeks. I parked the car at work came out to start it and it wouldnt start. The engine would turn but not start. Had it towed.
Friend of mine worked on it for free and replaced the crank sensor, coil pack ,module and ecm, spark plugs and wires. We tracked down some codes and what happened was some wires on the drivers side melted (touching a header?).All codes were dealt with, wires fixed and the last remaining problem was the code for maf sensor. The car could drive but would fall on its face when you punched it.
Im runnin the MAF extender got the correct MAF put it and VIOLA! started up, SES light went out test drove it got sideways and was back in action. This Euphoria lasted for 2 days then the car would not start.
During the 2 days it seemed the car took several "cranks" before it actually started. Sounded like cha chatta cha chatta cha chatta cha chatta.............va-rooom! It did this every time for the 2 days.
Since then ive replaced cam sensor,coil pack, module, plug and wires, buying everything from kirbans. Thanks for listening--Troy

Correction... MAF translator, not extender. Also blew a couple fuses. ECM solenoid and CCCI. Think its an electrical prob? Thanks--Troy

check your power and ground wires for corrosion. Then check the starter. May be taking a crap on you... DO a search, I posted part numbers, websites, and pricing for a new mini starter and 140 amp alternator upgrade w/ 2 gauge wiring to replace the stock crap...

If you can get it running well enough to drive over to Apple Valley I would be to give you a helping hand with it .

REG

If you make it to Reggie's

then let us know, as maybe a few of us can come up and assist,
right Rick ?

make it a group effort.:D