Anyone going to Maple Grove for the NMCA Race?

Black Box

Out cruisin'.
A couple buddies and I will be heading down for the PRO/Edelbrock Fastest Street Car event on Friday the 27th, there's Friday Nite Grudge matches, and Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th is the NMCA race!

Can't wait, we haven't gone to one of these in a few years.

Anyone else going?

Steve

I can't make it, but have friends going. Their car is a '95Z28. It's red w/ silver stripes. The car ran 10.97@128 at Indy. Since then they've taken 125lbs out of the car and re-jetting it for a 250 shot. They're competing in the class where they have to drive the 30 miles and make the 3 back-back-back passes.

Later,

Steve.

We ran this race in BG last year... The True Street class will take alot more than a 10.9x to win (unless they have changed the rules.) This is the class that requires a 30 mile drive then 3 back to back hits basically without touching the car (other than tires pressure, etc.) Cannot open the hood though..

If I remember correctly the car that won was a monza with a nitrous big block.. Ran mid 8's or so..

We made a bottom 9 pass (car had 8.60's in it), breaking a rocker stand and pulling too head studs out. That put us in the trailer..

Goodluck. Those races are a blast..

Oh I'm not racing. I couldn't represent the TR community unless my car was at least in the 10's. We thought about bringing my buddie's '68 Camaro, but he's slower than me and his trans might not be done in time.

We're just going to watch, and peruse some of the local hotties. :D

I'm sure I'll take many pics, we may have a video camera by then.

Steve

I know they're not going to win. I think they know they're not going to win, either. The are awards given out for the closest to 11.00, 10.00 and 9.00. They should have a good shot at the 11.00. My buddy thinks the cars going to be close to 10.00, but I think the car is too heavy and they have suspension tuning to work out.

Later,

Steve.