Anyone ever use these headlight housings?

i have those with the h4 bulb in them. they work great and bright. you will have to get a conversion plug for the bulb or move the wires in the factory plug around so the bright light in the h4 bulb isnt on at the same tome as the low light and the indicator on the dash isnt on either from feedback. there is a little trimming in the bucket cuz there is a rubber seal like a honda civic. these are the only mods you will have to do.

here is the schematic for you to move the wires around

http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/images/connect.gif

and if you want to get the conversion here it is.

Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product

I advise caution using H4 bulbs.

H4 bulbs use more current than the original sealed beams & the GN headlight wiring is NOT really adequate for stock original bulbs. I use relays & #12 wire for my H4s.

This inadequate wiring could leave you in the dark. GM isn't the only auto manufacturer to use inadequate wiring. I had the "pleasure" one night rewiring a rice burner for my son which had burned out rear brake wiring. Cars are only designed to last a maximum of 10 years. :mad:

I advise caution using H4 bulbs.

H4 bulbs use more current than the original sealed beams & the GN headlight wiring is NOT really adequate for stock original bulbs. I use relays & #12 wire for my H4s.

This inadequate wiring could leave you in the dark. GM isn't the only auto manufacturer to use inadequate wiring. I had the "pleasure" one night rewiring a rice burner for my son which had burned out rear brake wiring. Cars are only designed to last a maximum of 10 years. :mad:

+1

I invested in Casper's Headlight Brightening Kit before I upgraded my headlights. Nothing like 20 year old thin brittle worn wiring and new high wattage light to increase the chance of seeing a little smoke and, like the saying goes, where there is smoke...

Think about it. An ounce of prevention would be well advised.