anyone ever raced a stealth twin turbo?

They are pretty close to a GN stock for stock(low 14s for early ones, and some of the later Vr4s could run mid 13s), maybe a slight advantage from a stop if the driver is willing to drop the clutch and really use that awd. But they are very heavy as well. It doesn't take them much to get into the 12s either. Just heavy and they never got the praise that the supras got.

98% of the TT stealths you'd encounter on the streets are low 14/high 13 second cars. Sure there are guys in the low 12's/high 11's with them, but they are few and very far between.

Back in the 90's I encountered two at the track and they wanted to race when they found out my mods (K&N, chip, drag radials, pump gas) but after my first pass: 12.84@103 they threw in the towel. After many attempts, one ran 14.1's, the other 13.7's. Both had mods (the 13 second one had $1000+ in mods).

This was fast pre LS1, I guess, but an LS1 kicks the crap out of them in absolute performance and performance per dollar (except in adverse weather).

The ones I ran into on the street had bad drivers or they just weren't willing to risk breaking the car. I out launched both of them on street tires which shouldn't happen. Nice cars but I think they came with the smallest turbos known to man. Probably why cheap mods don't seem to help as much as other turbo cars. That and they weigh 4,000lbs. I really wanted one when they first came out.

At the time I drove one it seemed really damn fast, I think it was a 94 or 95, so if your telling me that a stock gn is faster that only makes me want one more. I NEED A GN!!!:mad:

You would want to run him from a stop. You probably wouldn't want to do a top speed highway race. He may hand you your a$$. If they are anything like my old '91 300ZX TT, they will run top end with about any car out there.

I like the look of the car, but as many folks say it's tough to make them go really fast. They start breaking if you try to put too much power through them. You'll probably have an easier time finding the Mitsubishi 3000GT though. It's basically the same car.

From what I've heard they aren't very reliable anyway. Tranny problems galore.

They definitely aren't as fast as a 300ZX and they aren't nearly as upgradeable.

They are definitely really heavy.