Anyone else not in the "Christmas spirit"?

kh440

Jo Bu needs a refill!
Is it just me or is anybody else fighting a case of the bah humbugs and just wanting this year to be over already? For me 09 has been another chaotic year with another major health scare, another breakup, and another year of postponing all the plans that were made about this time last year when I was waiting for 08 to end. Can anyone identify with that?

Nope! I spent $1600 (car parts) on myself so far in the last 2 weeks :biggrin:, and couldnt be happier. Still waiting for my nephews presents to come in the mail, and I'm going to get my neices gift cards.

After battling Lyme disease as well as Malaria this year which almost killed me (Literally) I will be glad when this year is over as well. People ask how I am doing. My response is "Better then some, worse then others".

I do have a very secure job, health care and pension (Thank god), was promoted this year, will finish my car up in a couple months, and have most of my health back. I guess that's more then some can say so yes I am moving foward but will be glad to bury some of those demons that changed my life. For the better in some ways I guess. Makes me appreciate life in different ways now. Health is wealth!

Congrats on the promotion. Didn't know. Good for you!

Times are tight, money's been scarce. I'm been bah humbug this holiday season. Trying to get in the spirit but it ain't happening....

I have 11 days off starting the 24th but still can't seem to get in the spirit either. Nothing new, haven't been able to really get into the holidays since losing my dad in the early 90's.
I too have a pretty secure job, thankful for that. All in all it's been a pretty good year. The family's health is good, I got my RPE stroker motor in the car( still not finished yet), the new tranny is in as well, the car is going in for paint to replace the factory crap-job, and a cage so I can get some racing done legally. Still need to address the fuel system and new exhaust.
My wife went back to work on Monday after being out of work for almost three years ! It will be nice to have her income again.
I guess I really have no real reason not to be in the spirit, but nonetheless I am not.

Wow Brett that is brutal, glad to hear you're doing better and yes there is something about being strapped into an ambulance that changes your perspective on life. I too am thankful that for all that has happened I am in better shape than some, and better than I was at this point last year and hopefully next year is the year everything falls into place and the T-Type is electrical gremlin free!

My favorite day of the year is Jan 2nd after this month is long gone and over. There is nothing more stupid then getting a $50 gift card from someone only to hand them a $50 gift card!

Ever since my dad passed away 15 years ago it was never the same.

I could do without all the shoping and winey that comes with it. and the stores that shove christmass down yours throt in aug.:mad: baugh humbug

Hey Guys just remeber y we have Christmas, thats all we need.

AMEN!

I grew up with nothing, and now have pretty much everything. I've learned not to take things for granted and appreciate everything I now have. Wife, kids, a secure job, and friends. This is what makes me happy and seeing them happy during this time of year. These are the things that make my heart content and I try to give them everything I never had. Family and good friends are the only gift I need.

Although, I do think a rod knock just came about in the Buick.

bah humbug! :tongue:

Is it just me or is anybody else fighting a case of the bah humbugs and just wanting this year to be over already?

VERY much so. I was laid off in April and haven't had much luck in finding anything. Lost my '04 Mach 1 in June due to above. Now the g/f is out of work due to medical issues, so money is darn near nonexistant until her short-term disability starts. First time in my adult life I don't have a car....that is driving me crazy as well. I'm ready for 2009 to end, been a horrible year to say the least.

well im in the same rut.... I got screwed 3 times on the classifieds for this board on parts...... that sucked, all within a few months.

I played musical chairs with women...... they all seemed to gang up and tear me to pieces. lesson still not learned, that was a really ****ty deal in the end

my job continues to literally rape me for my pay. atleast I have made the bills. so I guess I cant complain....

yes i am soooooo ready to be done with 2009.

A.j.