Anyone else have a Boxer?

broke1

Banned
Just curious.Our's is 6 and the biggest lap dog.He acts like a small child,lol.

I heard once you own a Boxer that you wont want any other breed of dog,I think its true!!Here's a pic

IMG_0004.jpg

92 lb's of old puppy:D

And he loves to go for rides in the GN;):eek:

Beautiful animal you have there.

I have a 2yr old female Boxer I rescued last year. She is a wonderful dog. Very sweet and affectionate. I see if I can post some pics tomorrow.

I don't adopt animals, I save them, so I don't get a choice on what I get. However, of all the animals I have rexcued the shepherd mixes are always the best. Very intelligent, obedient and excellent companions.

Chris S

I have a boxer/mastiff mix named bugsy, he is about 140 lbs and pretty good around small kids.:)

I have 3 pittbulls, The oldest male i love to death and would have to say that they are the best breed out there, as i wouldnt trade him for nothing.

Joshua

I brought home a pit once, let's just say it was interesting... my mastiff thought the pit was intruding and the pit thought the same thing, so blood and havoc ensued. The pit ended up biting the $hit out of my mastiffs back and then my mastiff kicked the $hit out of that pitbull. The pit weighed as much as my mastiff, that was a scary one to be right in the middle of.:eek: The pit was a great dog, I just think you can really only have the one if you are going to own that breed, too protective over their owners.

My post was lost in the recent hack. Just wondering how pitbulls ended up in a boxer thread, since they're not even remotely related (except that they're dogs). Boxers do have some Mastiff blood in their lines, but certainly NOT Terrier blood lines (pits are terrriers BTW).\

Hey Broke1 check out my photo link, you'll find two albums devoted to past and present boxers. I've had them all my life. They are so much fun, and funny!!

Boxers

I have 2 boxers, a 5 yr old female named Mugsy & a 1yr 10 mo. old named Blaze. I would agree with you that once you own one you wouldn't want any other breed. They are the biggest clowns, always wanting to play & play & play, & when they're done playing they'll take a 5 minute water break & play some more. They are very loving animals that just want to be near you.

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 97
Blaze said:
I have 2 boxers, a 5 yr old female named Mugsy & a 1yr 10 mo. old named Blaze. I would agree with you that once you own one you wouldn't want any other breed. They are the biggest clowns, always wanting to play & play & play, & when they're done playing they'll take a 5 minute water break & play some more. They are very loving animals that just want to be near you.

Couldn't agree more!!!! The clowns of dogdome!! Your pups are beautifull!!!!

Thanks for the compliment on the pups. Funny thing is, I think that they know they're cute because of the attention they get from other people when they see them (dog park, petsmart etc.) Even non Boxer owners are like wow, those are good looking dogs.

i have two boxers a fawn male and a white female. i have to agree that they are some of the funniest dogs around.

this is rocky, the 4 yr old male

Attachments

• rocky.jpg
    rocky.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 200
Nice dogs guy's:)

Although we know theyre not really dogs but hairy children in fact;)lol

I swear,these are the best dogs in the world.Mine is spoiled rotten between all the table food and constantly being around me.I understand not the best thing but I cant blame him for not wanting to eat dog food or be all alone all day. :)

TurboDave said:
My post was lost in the recent hack. Just wondering how pitbulls ended up in a boxer thread, since they're not even remotely related (except that they're dogs). Boxers do have some Mastiff blood in their lines, but certainly NOT Terrier blood lines (pits are terrriers BTW).\

Hey Broke1 check out my photo link, you'll find two albums devoted to past and present boxers. I've had them all my life. They are so much fun, and funny!!

Actually, if I heard right a boxer was a bulldog and a grayhound mix.

But anyway here are my two girls Sadie and pandora. Sadie (brindle) is about 2 and pandora (white) is about 1 1/2 years old. The energy never ends, but its fun though.

Attachments

• P1010131.JPG
    P1010131.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 184
I have 2 myself, 9yr old male"TYSON" and my 7yr old female"SUMMER"
We've had 2 litters of puppies(13total) with these 2 before my male was fixed after starting to have prostrate problems.
BIG BABBIES but don't try comming around my house unless they know you :D

Attachments

• dogs.JPG
    dogs.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 175
perm01 said:
Actually, if I heard right a boxer was a bulldog and a grayhound mix.

But anyway here are my two girls Sadie and pandora. Sadie (brindle) is about 2 and pandora (white) is about 1 1/2 years old. The energy never ends, but its fun though.

The Boxer's ancestors were two German Mastiff type dogs, the Bullenbeiszer and the Barenbeiszer, which were later crossed with ancestors of the Mastiff and Bulldog.

No greyhound ever in these dogs' origins.

BTW, I LOVE my little girl. :) She's the greatest and I have had these dogs all my life. They are wonderfully funny, sweet and affectionate and just love their people's company!!

CHARGED said:
I have 2 myself, 9yr old male"TYSON" and my 7yr old female"SUMMER"
We've had 2 litters of puppies(13total) with these 2 before my male was fixed after starting to have prostrate problems.
BIG BABBIES but don't try comming around my house unless they know you :D

My dog's name is Tyson too.... :cool:

Charged, how much do yours weigh?

Since my male has gotten older and slower he's gained about 10lbs and is now 85lbs. Female is still a nice 70lbs

I see nobody else has there dogs ears cropped? Any reason other then the $'s why? Personally like them a little more with them cropped.

Here's a pick of the lady I work with's new puppy

Attachments

• puppy.jpg
    puppy.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 160
Off topic nut does anyone know why I cant get into my pm's it says administrator disabled it?????

Im VERY glad I didnt have his ears clipped.Now that TY is older,his ears seem to be sensitive.

Plus I dont like the look:p

Both my girls weigh under 55 lbs. I was hoping they would get a little bigger but seeing as they think they are lap dogs I dont know how much more I could take.. I personally like the look of neutral ears better when they hold them right. our white one holds them perfect but Sadie's are always like streamlined, I wish we would have cropped hers.