Anyone actually do real world test on alky effect

dvldoc

Just checking has anyone done their own testing like pre and post intake charge tempatures using temp probes to see what different mixes actually do what. And not just copy and paste info that's already out on the web about alky injections.

This would be some good info to know. Like does 100% really cool down more than 8 degrees vs a 50/50 mix.

Hopefully some Razor or the SMC guys could shed some light on this.

I have yet to move my IAT sensor to measure it, but when I get on the throttle and the methanol sprays my temp gauge drops like 20 degrees. Plus my plenum gets very cool.

have you ever went to a NHRA event and watched the alky dragsters and funny cars run?,the blowers and intakes get frosted over with the car running.:eek:

Here's some temperature #'s for you. I've got a temperature probe in the doghouse. Last Wed. in Cal. the outside temp was 60F and cruising at 75mph on the freeway, my intake temps were 73F. (PTE FMIC). I am running an SMC dual nozzle with straight meth. and when I mashed the test button on pump speed 10 the intake temps dropped to 44F. Don't have WOT #'s yet. HTH

Originally posted by AirBuick
Here's some temperature #'s for you. I've got a temperature probe in the doghouse. Last Wed. in Cal. the outside temp was 60F and cruising at 75mph on the freeway, my intake temps were 73F. (PTE FMIC). I am running an SMC dual nozzle with straight meth. and when I mashed the test button on pump speed 10 the intake temps dropped to 44F. Don't have WOT #'s yet. HTH

AirBuick,

Curious, have you ever did the same test using alcohol?

HOW

Test has been done already. You get at least a 40% temp drop. But that also depends on the volume being pumped in.

I datalog my runs, and see 100degree IAT at 25 PSI boost through the traps with alcohol. 180+ without.

If I spray less, temps goup. And you spray a little not have detonation and not have a large temp reduction. So it is possible running lets say 20 PSI boost to get a 10-15 degree drop in temps and run zero KR with a little alky.

Lastly, when I lift after a run, my temps drop into the 50's with 90 degree ambient.