Anybody running Savitske Street Comp I or II

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Anybody running Savitske Classic & Custom Street Comp I or II packages?
I am planning on running it and would like some feedback, especially the Street Comp II package.

I'm not running either the Stage I or II, BUT I am running their SPC adjustable upper control arms (I opted for the upgraded Pro-lite version) along with a Howe precision upper ball joint and ATS AFX forged aluminum spindle with C5 bearing pack and ATS billet steering arm. I found some C5 Corvette calipers and rotors and bolted them right up. Here's one package we put on a Chevelle which is basically the same thing:

My opinion may be a little biased but this system handles better than anything I've driven as far as a G-Body package goes. It's like doing the B-body spindle swap without all the problems of bumpsteer and slow steering with the added benefits of brake packages and sealed large bearing assembly.

I've also heard great things on the Stage I and II packages. You can give Marcus at SC&C or myself a call and discuss anything you want to know about any of these packages. He also sells our AFX spindle package and we sell his stuff. Here's a few pics of my setup on my 1987 GN.

2197572_7_full.jpg

Shane
ATS
www.t56kit.com

Shane: thanks ever so much for the information. I think that I am going to have to gow ith the Stabe II for reasons discussed on the phone.

Hey Shane,

Does ATS specifically have anything other than those steering arms for G-bodys? Or better yet, in the works? I've watched the work you guys do, and it's top notch.

Jon

Actually, after looking at yall's website and your front setup it looks like that was a dumb question. How do you like the AFX spindles, etc.? This really looks like something i'd like to have. I really like the C5 brake and sealed spindle.

Jon

Jon,

I actually feel very confident in finally driving my GN hard since the conversion. Before it was sloppy at best and now I have a hard time losing traction going into corners hard and even better I don't have to worry about how I'm going to stop every time I decide to give my turbo a workout. All I worry about now is the guy behind me not expecting a twenty year old car to stop like a sports car. There are a lot of guys that have bought this kit from us since its recent release for the G-Bodies so I'm sure you will be hearing more positive input in the very near future. Marcus at SC&C helped us develop the steering arm geometry and coupled with his matched upper control arms he also agrees that it is a proven combination. He has been working with A and G-Bodie suspensions specifically for many years and knows how to make these cars handle. Hell, even I had to wait for them to get off backorder to get a set. Like I said I couldn't be happier.

Shane

Shane;
I ordered the SC&C Street-Comp II package yesterday from Marcus, thanks for your assistance. Only wish that I had some 17" rims so that I could have ordered the AFX package with the ATS set-up. Thanks again for your assistance.

wickedmotorhead said:
Jon,

I actually feel very confident in finally driving my GN hard since the conversion. Before it was sloppy at best and now I have a hard time losing traction going into corners hard and even better I don't have to worry about how I'm going to stop every time I decide to give my turbo a workout. All I worry about now is the guy behind me not expecting a twenty year old car to stop like a sports car. There are a lot of guys that have bought this kit from us since its recent release for the G-Bodies so I'm sure you will be hearing more positive input in the very near future. Marcus at SC&C helped us develop the steering arm geometry and coupled with his matched upper control arms he also agrees that it is a proven combination. He has been working with A and G-Bodie suspensions specifically for many years and knows how to make these cars handle. Hell, even I had to wait for them to get off backorder to get a set. Like I said I couldn't be happier.

Shane

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Jon

WELLS,
I have the Stage 2. Along with the Eibach springs and Koni adjustables I am very pleased. The AFX spindles weren't yet available when I did my setup, otherwise I probably would have sold my daily driver to get them ;) They will make their way to the car at some point...
Don't know if you were looking for any more specific info about the setup...I'm a little late to this thread. If so, lemme know if I can help.

Everybody:
Thanks for the info, I ordered mine the other day, and just now waiting for them to arrive. Can't wait to see them and have them installed.