Anybody run 9's with a factory heads?

HOOGENRAAD

Just curious. I realize they will need a lot of work, but curious as to who is doing it with a factory casting?

check out grumpy's (mellisa's) car sorry...in the alcohol section....their running
135mph with very conservative setup....

I think they have been 144mph on a particular engine that was run in TSM at one time. Maybe DK's car?

I think they have been 144mph on a particular engine that was run in TSM at one time. Maybe DK's car?

Roy Garcia's TSM car ran 9.64 @142mph in TSM competition with his stock cube iron headed 109 motor and then on a later date at an 1/8 mile track the car ran 6.0 @115mph in the 1/8 mile which would equate to a low 9.50- high 9.40 pass @ around 143-144mph in the 1/4.. This motor was sold to a board member on here.

I had a 1.45 60ft 6.39@109mph in the 1/8 which is a 9.99. The track kicked me out for not having sfi pants, and gloves.
My 1/4 times aren't great because of my 60ft but the 134mph is saying 9's.

I have had a horrible time keeping the heads on the block with ARP studs. 4 passes then the over flow starts to fill and bubble. :frown: No special work done to the block or heads I just put them on.

Still running the ECM and A/C 3,600lbs

I'll bet these cars had more than "just" 25lb's of boost...more like 40 unless the cars weighed 2900lb or less.:D

I ran 10.20's with iron heads. Could have gone 9's with them after re stalling my converter( was too loose). Billy Anderson hooked me up large with the sweet re stall, but I switched to GN1heads at the same time. 9's is not easy, especailly if your dealing with full weight street cars.

saying it and RUNNING it are 2 different things :eek: :biggrin: .. we got booted for 135.57.. only a 10.15 :redface: oh iron heads work fine ;)

I know Grumpy you're completely right about that ;) but.. I'm damn close, and so are you. :D

I know Grumpy you're completely right about that ;) but.. I'm damn close, and so are you. :D

so close but so far away :p we were crankin last wed BUT were not allowed to run again till we got a 9 sec cage :mad: .. lookin forward to CC in Md in Oct ;)

so close but so far away :p we were crankin last wed BUT were not allowed to run again till we got a 9 sec cage :mad: .. lookin forward to CC in Md in Oct ;)

I have the cage I just bought the neck brace, gloves,& pants. ;) All I need is a 60ft :biggrin: We don't have any tracks around here :mad: 1/8 open every Thurs. and a 1/4 that's open once a month and all the ricers get out there with there radials and screw every thing up. I need to move!

I believe Roy ran a 9.55 on Irons.. and the Me-r/scanmaster

As far as what was done to the heads.. more like what wasnt :D

damn and i plan on moving back to cally by the end of next year. add 2 more buicks to socal next year. :)

Land is to expensive to just build a track on it. :frown: It really sucks Grumpy.

well we have lots of land way out in the middle of nowhere .. groups have tried to get tracks out there .. the locals reply "we don't like those kind of people" :rolleyes: these are towns that don't have a damm thing to create tax $$$$.... talk about kicking a gifted horse in the mouth :eek: :cool: oh well . :cool:

damn and i plan on moving back to cally by the end of next year. add 2 more buicks to socal next year. :)

This is about it: I life in Orange County I have the time it takes me to get to each track in front of each URL.

1.5hrs- Borona: Barona 1/8th Mile Drags

45.min- California Speedway: Auto Club Dragway - California Speedway

1.5hrs- Irwindale: Irwindale Dragstrip - 2007 Schedule

3hrs- Bakersfield: Auto Club Famoso Raceway

6hrs- Sonoma: Infineon Raceway | Raceway Info | Wednesday Night Drags

Outside CA

4.5hrs- Las Vegas NV: Las Vegas Motor Speedway | Track Info | Strip

6hrs- Speed World:Welcome To SpeedWorld Drag Strip