Anybody here into scooters??

Scott A.

So is anybody here into scooters? I picked up an 2001 Honda Elite S 50cc 2-cycle last fall as a basket case for a winter project. Got it running a few months ago and its suprising how much fun they can be! I'm 34 and thought I wouldn't bother with these things anymore, but there's a following on them, especially the Honda's. I removed the 'factory restrictions' and raised the top speed from 25 to about 35+ mph, with plenty of takeoff. Just put on a high speed pulley kit, now its running over 40mph, next after that might be a rear gear kit for 50 mph. For those of you that haven't seen some of the speeds these things are doing, search youtube for something like 'Honda Elite Dio speed'....there's a few extreme bikes out there that are wild....

I usually sell my winter projects, but think I may keep this one. Maybe a good pit bike or camping bike. Not sure if I'd ride it to work yet or not, maybe if gas goes back up the $4+ per gallon....

Anybody else play around with these types of scooters/bikes??

I have a 08 Suzuki Bergman 650. I love it. My wife likes to ride with me too. Great for commuting, gas mileage near 50 mpg. Best thing is it's quiet. No pounding headache from loud pipes.

I am to big to ride them:biggrin: However I sale them. Right now we sale Lance scooters but are probably going to change up to the new ones maybe by the Can Am guys!!!!

I have a 2004 Yamaha Zuma I drive. Used to drive it a lot more...It is going to college with me. I don't care how nerdy you look, they are fun.

Jason

Oh my god I thought about bringing this up on here but I figured everyone would question my sexual orientation. I bought a 78 honda express a couple months ago and just had it gone through. A buddy of mine pulled it out of a scrap pile at a salvage yard with 890 actual miles on it! :eek: And they gave him the title with it. :eek: Long story short someone tore it to pieces trying to fix it and it had a plugged muffler. Now that it's back together I will start polishing it up. It's lime green with a brown and white seat cover. Maybe I'll get a picture up on here. It's pretty awesome lookin'.

Also while trying to find a scooter I brought home 1 1/2 honda sprees and an 88 elite sb50 that's pretty beat up but runs. Not sure what I will do with those. A good running older scooter will fetch $200-$400 around here easily. Actually hard to find them for that money. I have less than $200 in the express so far and it's mechanically new. Needs a seat cover and some baskets so I can carry stuff in it.

I'm a member on hondaspree.net now also. Much cheaper hobby than the buick.

I would love to pick up a Honda Ruckus to mod but I don't need another toy.

dragruckus.jpg

I love my kids RAZOR Scooter. :eek: Opps! wrong style!

We have a bunch of Yamahi dirt bikes that we ride behind the Budwieser Plant. I wish a few were street legal so I could run errands. My fav is the 80 2-stroke. That lil mother is strong & easy to handle.

Why would anyone want scooter when a real MC will ride on highway? I know Pronto likes to race harleys with his BERGMAN. LOL!

I ride and restore motorcycles and scooters.........I have a couple Aprilias a Honda elite and a spree with mods. LOVE 'EM

There's some crazy scooters out there! Italian dragracing, turbos and NOS. I want this:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvBuXrmwkgA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I am to big to ride them:biggrin: However I sale them. Right now we sale Lance scooters but are probably going to change up to the new ones maybe by the Can Am guys!!!!

Have a Tank 150 I paid $1000 Cash for Brand New. Love sipping around town and 60 MPH is nothing:cool:

Looking for another for the wife:D Cut me a deal Shane!

Deliver to BG;)

Also have a friend with a Honda 1984 or so 150 CC (Nice) for sale. Whats it worth?

I have an '87 Honda Elite SE50 with a newer '94-'01 "Dio" engine on it. It now displaces 72cc's and will go 60+ MPH. I have never tried going faster than that.

I also have an '85 Honda Aero, also with a Dio engine. It now displaces 65cc's, but retains the stock airbox, deresticted muffler and gearing, so that it's relatively quiet. Top speed is around 50 MPH with me on it. (215 lbs.)

Perfect for going to the market and back. :cool: