anybody else getting blizzardized

I have to agree with Kevin. Buffalo gets 2-3 feet at a time quite often.
Where I live we dont get that much, but many places in northern Michigan get 200 - 300 inches anually:cool:

The thing that really sucks is that we have to get a foot b4 they think about closing anything!!!

For the folks getting hammered now, how is your towns/citys snow removal?

i hate this i wont it to be 100 dagress out agin so i can pass out and go to the damn hos. and for get about this crazy cold ass winter and i snowboard but am not aloud to this year some 1 please shoot me and dont bring up sking il go crazy

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Got about 3 inches of Fluff here in S NH. till about 5pm.
Now it is gearing up..

Went out to use the WHIMPY Toro to get a head start so I don't kill it come tuesday morning.

Snow removal here is a joke.
They didnt even bother plowing at my job until we got about 6". And when they did plow, they plowed in all the employees cars!

And where I live, they always end up plowing in my parking spot, and pushing it up next to the door to my apartment :mad:
All the schools were closed today, so they crews didnt bother. I havent even seen a plow once on this road at all today.

It could be worse though. Where I used to live has declared a state of emergency. They dont budget enough for snow removal, ever. So anything more than 4" and they close down the place. Its pathetic.

At least it is dying down here, maybe the plows will come out now that its is mostly overwith.

Whoever invented AWD is a genius. I think I am going to get a plow for the 'Stro for next winter.

Originally posted by Kevin Turch
Ill take winter anyday over 95 and 100% humidity like it gets in florida in june, july, aug, so just enjoy it now, cause come summer ill be the one laughing :D

Aww, no way. I'd take 105 to this. It is horrible in NYC now, and I have a Mustang GT. :( I had to walk for 2 hours in this storm because PT isn't running. Think about it:

20 degrees: Girls in huge coats, pants, hoods, hats, and scarfs

95 degrees: Girls in shorts, belly tank tops, or bikinis

I think the choice is obvious.:D :D :D

this snow really suck i have been trying to put my motor in for the last two weeks . that all it dose anymore is snow . I HATE SNOW

it isnt that bad here,about 5in last night.I was supposed to get my 71 Stage 1 delivered today,but the snow ruined that:mad: .I`m ready to move to AZ,its nice there year round.

Keith

Re: Re: Re: anybody else getting blizzardized

Originally posted by myclone
LOL.. I hope you put the leash on her so you could "reel" her back to the door instead of having to slog out there and pick her up!!

We've got a whopping ~5 inches here..:rolleyes: You'd think we had 5ft the way ppl are losing it (good luck finding a loaf of bread, gallon of milk, or a video to rent here in VA).

Actually a leash would have been a good idea. She's a good dog, but not that smart. I threw her out on the deck, but didn't want any snow in the house, so I tried to get her to come in the basement door (under the deck). Despite the fact she was down at basement level doing her business, all she knows is that "in and out is the upstairs door". I'm standing there with the basement door open, and she runs upstairs and barks at the door to be let in.

Stupid dog.

Anyhow, looks like about 24-26" total. Because of the way my house is situated, the wind made a 3 foot pile the length of my driveway. The 30-year old Craftsman pulled through. I was a little worried because it quit halfway through, but all it wanted was its plug cleaned. Good as new (almost) now.

Jim

We have about 24" here in Annapolis. I really dig it :)
I had planned on getting some Mud tires for my Tacoma so I went out Sat. morning and picked up some 32" Enforcer's from Pep Boys. I actually forgot to put her in 4wd mode at one point and made through a 1/4 mile of 18" deep fresh stuff. It was noticably tougher getting out the back lot at work (2wd) and when I got out to hard pavement I reached for the short shifter to put it in 2wd and it was already there........DAOOH :eek:

I picked up several people and took them in to cover shifts at the Hotel, took a lady who waved me down to the pharmacy to get antibiotics for her husbands infected foot, and pulled out a guy in a loaded down, fullsize, 2wd Dodge who had slid into a snow bank.

WooooHoooo Bring it on Baby!

Originally posted by TurboTer
Aww, no way. I'd take 105 to this. It is horrible in NYC now, and I have a Mustang GT. :( I had to walk for 2 hours in this storm because PT isn't running. Think about it:

20 degrees: Girls in huge coats, pants, hoods, hats, and scarfs

95 degrees: Girls in shorts, belly tank tops, or bikinis

I think the choice is obvious.:D :D :D

amen brother, that logic works for me. at the end of the storm, the gn was completley engulfed in snow, you couldn't see any of it. i was going to take a pic, but the camera wasn't handy. i wish it were july so i could be out on my bike!

Originally posted by bishir
Well, when I lived in the Midwest it was 95 and 100% humidity too. Here in the pan-handle it's not so bad. Actually I don't recall one day over 93 last summer. There is always that nice sea breeze too.

Though there is one bad thing. You must navigate hazardous highways because of weather. We have to navigate hazardous highways because of blue hairs going 30 on the interstate! :mad:

James:D
Floridians think it is hot only till they come to Chicago and see what hot reallly is,,Florida weather rules:D :D
too hot in Chicago in the Summer