anybody else getting blizzardized

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
there is so much snow on the ground in central NJ right now its ridiculous. we are in a state of emergency right now and my 2wd ranger does not agree well with the situation. i was trying to get home from the firehouse and got stuck like 3 times. i miss my moms explorer! better yet, i miss july!!

Originally posted by orion681
there is so much snow on the ground in central NJ right now its ridiculous. we are in a state of emergency right now and my 2wd ranger does not agree well with the situation. i was trying to get home from the firehouse and got stuck like 3 times. i miss my moms explorer! better yet, i miss july!!

Yeah we have a bunch, too. It's only 5:30 AM and it's supposed to snow all day. I opened the door to let the dog out and the snow was 2 feet high against the door. Had to pick her up and throw her out there.

At least it's light stuff. I think this is the last season for my 30-year old Craftsman snowblower. It's a proud tradition handed down many generations, but I have to stop the madness before someone gets hurt. It's a very dangerous machine, but it works okay. Today will be a true test of its mettle.

I'm not going to bother with any kind of snow removal effort until it stops - it's going to be a long day. Cooped up in the house with the wife and kid (did I just say that?). Thank god for heated garages.

Be safe.

Jim

Re: Re: anybody else getting blizzardized

Originally posted by turbojimmy
Had to pick her up and throw her out there. Jim

LOL.. I hope you put the leash on her so you could "reel" her back to the door instead of having to slog out there and pick her up!!

We've got a whopping ~5 inches here..:rolleyes: You'd think we had 5ft the way ppl are losing it (good luck finding a loaf of bread, gallon of milk, or a video to rent here in VA).

We're supposed to get ours later tonight. For us this winter it's either been snowing or single digit cold. This makes up for our lighter winter here last year. It all averages out over time.

Coming down like crazy here in CT. Thank God for 4WD. Really thought I would put a halt to all the snow this winter here in the Northeast as I bought a snowthrower after the last big storm. What really stinks is that I have to clear sidewalks all day here at work and then do the driveway when I get home. PLUS, today is my first day taking over 2 more departments (at the same pay:mad: ) Sure wish I could sell Buick stuff full time.:D

Here in Chicago ,I think the grass is turning green again,,oh is that flowers starting to blum out my window,,my T is coming out soon:D :D :D :D :D
Oh yeah ,,NO snow here in Chicago..............................hehe

Yeah, we don't have diddly here in Illinois. We really got ripped off this year.

Of course, the lack of water may help the "West Nile Virus" deal for this spring when the skeeters wake up.

So....Mark......glad you went with the Toro snowthrower???? :D :D :D

Yeah, when I woke up this morning I was quickly reminded it was winter. After temps in the mid 70s this weekend I woke up to a blistering cold 53 degrees. I had to go put on a long sleeve shirt!

Don't ya just hate it when us Florida people do this in every weather post? :D

James

Snow

The VP of our company called 2 minutes before I was gonna step out the door and said don't bother coming in today considering how bad it's supposed to be, and tomorrow we will probably be going in late, depending on how much snow we get. :cool:

Got about 2" here so far, but they are saying around 12" by the time it's done. Went out to get smokes and some firewood, and the roads aren't that bad yet but people are still wiping out. :rolleyes:

We better get at least 12" here!! :D

Steve

Our second largest storm here in MD on record.It's still snowing so who knows maybe we'll beat the old 1.I was out playing in it yesterday.Then when I came home I parked in the yard with hopes of shoveling out the driveway.4 wd 4 door dually is now making a nice snow ornament in the yard.Went to move it last night no go!So I'm off to shovel the beast out.
The wife's Buick hasn't moved since the snow started. The snow on the hood is about 6"s higher then the the roof line.I guess the 6 hours of sleet we got last night should make it fun!

Originally posted by tjthorson

So....Mark......glad you went with the Toro snowthrower???? :D :D :D

You know it! Glad I got it when I did, was back in Home Depot the other day and the remaining two were gone. Hopefully I can get the hell out of here so I can get home to use it tonite.

It is our turn now in MA. It started about an hour ago and all I see as I look out my window from work is WHITE. They just told us we are leaving here at noon and we NEVER close early. I suspect they will close the office tomorrow as well as it is going to snow the hardest overnite. I am running out of room to put the snow at my house. This is getting quite old.

Originally posted by bishir
Yeah, when I woke up this morning I was quickly reminded it was winter. After temps in the mid 70s this weekend I woke up to a blistering cold 53 degrees. I had to go put on a long sleeve shirt!

Don't ya just hate it when us Florida people do this in every weather post? :D

James

Ill take winter anyday over 95 and 100% humidity like it gets in florida in june, july, aug, so just enjoy it now, cause come summer ill be the one laughing :D

Sometimes it's good to live in Texas. We went to the track last night. Good turbo air.

Ill take winter anyday over 95 and 100% humidity like it gets in florida in june, july, aug, so just enjoy it now, cause come summer ill be the one laughing

Well, when I lived in the Midwest it was 95 and 100% humidity too. Here in the pan-handle it's not so bad. Actually I don't recall one day over 93 last summer. There is always that nice sea breeze too.

Though there is one bad thing. You must navigate hazardous highways because of weather. We have to navigate hazardous highways because of blue hairs going 30 on the interstate! :mad:

James:D

Originally posted by tjthorson
Yeah, we don't have diddly here in Illinois. We really got ripped off this year.

Of course, the lack of water may help the "West Nile Virus" deal for this spring when the skeeters wake up.

Glad we are not the only county to get the shaft from the snow. I am so FREAKING tired of it being 5 below in the morning and thirty mph winds, all the while staring at sh!t brown grass every single freaking day. All the rivers has two feet of ice, and no one can ride their sleds on them because there is not one flake of snow on them.

We just had a run last weekend where a local guy on a sled couldnt turn on the ice, was speeding, and was killed when he hit his brothers truck that was not where he thought it was going to be.

The most miserable winter I have ever experienced:mad:

Up here in westeren MD we got about 36 to 40 inches what are you people think I feal like.The 650 prairie and the bobcat have not seen much reast latley.

OMG we just got hammered with snow also, 3 inches, time to get the blowers, shovels, boots, heavy plows, etc..... out.:D :D :D :D

Im sure glad you guys are getting some real snow finally, If you ever feel sick of not having any, come to buffalo and take some of ours!!.