Any vintage bicycle enthousiast?

1LowLeSabre

Let's see what you have?

I have a 1966 Schwinn Typhoon and my son has a 1969 Stingray.

66typhoon005-1-1.jpg

66typhoon003-2.jpg

well its not that old but its from the early 80s, i completely rebuilt the bike with new aluminum parts,the blue is just my beater bike

Attachments

• new bike 001.jpg
    new bike 001.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 156
  • new bike 002.jpg
    new bike 002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 156
  • baby pix 020.jpg
    baby pix 020.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 179
This is an old Schwinn Truck delivery bike from the 50's that I rode as a kid to deliver groceries for my Dad's store.

Believe it or not …these are pictures of the bikes perched on wells at the place I work…this is the shop area:eek: not the lobby….also, you can see some of the pictures that wrap around the shop of motorcycles and there are a few of those but they are in the front of the building…you also get a glimpse of the hand built model planes that are also around the shop….as for the bikes, I know nothing about the history of them …only the owner of the company likes them…..the shop is a neat place to work, needless to say we keep in clean. :smile:

Attachments

• DSCN1051.jpg
    DSCN1051.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN1052.jpg
    DSCN1052.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN1053.jpg
    DSCN1053.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN1054.jpg
    DSCN1054.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN1055.jpg
    DSCN1055.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 112
Those are very rare. A Penny Farthing, a Boneshaker and the first one, the white one, VERY rare.

Thanks!

Wish I had more pics to share. This is my Dyno GT Von Franco with my son's OCC Black Widow 'new Stingray'.

Have a 71 Schwinn Panther, a couple Stingray's, Varsity & few ladies Hollywood's and Collegiate's.
I also have an all chrome, mild custom 59 Western Flyer w/springer. Their version of the stingray and another rough cruiser.
Have a Shelby 24", Spaulding BMX, Coca-Cola BMX, 2- Yamaha Moto bikes, a nice old Concord ten-spd. I like it's tall frame. There's probly a few I've left out too.

Attachments

• 108a.jpg
    108a.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 106
Hopefully these show up. The pink one is my daughters.

Attachments

• patterson.JPG
    patterson.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 100
  • hutch.JPG
    hutch.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 103
Had a 5 speed Raleigh Chopper back in the late 60's. Cool bike and going for $$$$ now. Mowed lawns to get the money to buy it. Whopping $85 but a lot of money back then to a 13 year old.

Before my major chrome days.:) Had just the wheels, fenders, seat frame and handlebars in the shiny stuff.

Attachments

• your_n83.jpg
    your_n83.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 82
hello; When I was a kid that chopper bike came out and a friend got one. We use to ride around in a group and do kid stuff but he was upset enough that he cryed because he could'nt beat me in a race. But I thought it was a 5 speed.
IBBY

hello; When I was a kid that chopper bike came out and a friend got one. We use to ride around in a group and do kid stuff but he was upset enough that he cryed because he could'nt beat me in a race. But I thought it was a 5 speed.
IBBY

They were available with a 3 or 5 speed. 5 speed had the dual shifters. That is what I had. Pic of that chopper was not mine but was the color I had. We used to have drag races on our street, remember missing shifts and putting my leg right into the ground and spraining my ankle. We used to modify bikes for a real chopper look by taking another set of forks and smashing them on to the existing ones to extend the rake. Since we didn't have access to welders at that age sometimes the new forks would pull out resulting in an interesting time. Too bad we didn't have videos of that stuff.