Any Smooth Bumper cars?

lv2tikt

Thinking of smoothing out the bumpers on my "T" kinda looking for a change and looking for some photos of cars with smooth painted bumpers.

iv been thinking of doing this to my gn as well on during the rest of my rebuil gos on haven decide if im gonna weld the holes or fiber glass from inside and just bondo the smooth from outside

I took the vertical bumpers off the front and welded up all the holes and the license plate holes, looks a little cleaner. Probably would look real good if you added some steel and made the sunken part where the license plate goes flat with the rest of the bumper.
Couldn't find a straight on good pic of it to post, just one of a topless dancer standing in front of it :)
I'd weld up the holes, you have to repaint anyway so why use filler.

I will get you a few shots its snowing outside right now so lets see. You'll need to do some welding behind the strip isn't that pretty. Mike

i completely smoothed mine, welded all the holes even all the holes for the strip. looks awesome everyone loves them. i will try to get some pics up

Thinking of smoothing out the bumpers on my "T" kinda looking for a change and looking for some photos of cars with smooth painted bumpers.

Here is what was done on one of my white T's:

White T.jpg

Welded, filled, smoothed, and color sanded every square inch.

GNbumpers001.jpg

GNbumpers004.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

I removed the bumperettes from my car. I am in the process now of painting the bumpers. In the future I am going to remove the impact strip and fill and smooth the entire bumper (or just buy some fiberglass ones) then color match to my T.

i guess thats what im going to doo will im waiting to collec my other parts that will deff give a clean look

I only know 1 local GN owner who bought his new. He said he had a year when he noticed it did not have the bumperets. Car looks clean without them, however, he hasn't filled the holes.