Any running alcohol/meth

TURBOZ

I thought about switching over and instead of running C-16 just run alcohol. RIght now the car is my daily driver so I would still run pump gas through the system. I have two different fuel tanks in the car. Im not sure I could incorporate a belt driven pump into the equation but a weldon 2035 should support enough alcohol for 1200hp. I like the idea of switching tanks on the fly, thats why I would like to stay electric; however, im sure I could find a way to make it work if I wanted to.

Anyway, what im looking for is some disadvantages of running alcohol, besides how it corodes aluminum from the cooling effect.
The price is cheaper from what I hear about $2 a gallon.

The only disadvantage I see right now as a street car is switching programs everytime I change from gas to alcohol.

Those that run this on there car some more input work be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

And your injectors have to be alcohol compatible, regulator, hoses, fittings, filters, pumps, fuel tank, senders, switches, etc etc etc.

Have you tried alcohol injection in heavy doses with a lower octane fuel?

You may be suprised on the results.

On a carb, its much easier.

But EFI and alky.. your going to do some work and $$$

If you are talking about running straight methanol you have more problems than just switching from one to the other. Gasoline ( including C-16 ) has 19000 btu's/lb. whereas methanol has 8593 btu's/lb. That means it will take about twice to 2 1/2 times as much methanol as gasoline to run the motor. You will need injectors at least twice as big, and different tuning.