Any pics of nice 78-80 Regal paint jobs?

Exactly. Oddly enough, my fronts are perfect, just the rears are shot. I've actually seen the rears listed on Ebay for around $200 shipped, but I'm hesitant about the quality.

Same here, my fronts are like new... backs fell off 15 or so years ago lol... I don`t buy anything off ebay... been screwed too many times. I only buy and sell on craigslist, if there BSing you... your right there to kick there ass lol:biggrin:

I hear ya, I scour craigslist every night. But I have yet to find anything specifically off a '78-'80 Regal. I was at least able to find a Monte SS 200-4R for $75, and a mint black dash for $200. Although I really do wish the dash was from a '78, which seems to be a one year only deal. Still, my factory one is shot, so this will have to do.

I hear ya, I scour craigslist every night. But I have yet to find anything specifically off a '78-'80 Regal. I was at least able to find a Monte SS 200-4R for $75, and a mint black dash for $200. Although I really do wish the dash was from a '78, which seems to be a one year only deal. Still, my factory one is shot, so this will have to do.

I find full 78-87s, but not many parts. I found a 78 Regal parts car a few months ago, a turbo hood and front end of a 79 sport coupe... thinking about getting the sport coupe front end, but I only need the hood. But yeah, its hard to find stuff for the older ones. What about getting an 80s style dash, wont that bolt right in?

Yeah it should bolt right in, and I'm not above making modifications if it doesn't. But the panel across the passenger side (where the Regal emblem goes) is half as high on the '78s, and changed to the full size one for '79-'87 models.

At least, this is what I've been able to gather from scouring pictures on the internet.

Where's the fricken progress??? I've been following you:eek:;)

LOL Look who's talking Jesse. Have you posted anything in a while?:confused: I know why I haven't. No money or time when it hasn't been raining here so getting to the shop requires waders.:eek:

I did... and im texas tough:biggrin:... I need to escape the 0 degree weather here and the possible snow storm thats coming in soon:(... time to put the regal away... and the 82 grand nat is cool,and deserves a turbo hood. So your gonna basically sell off the 83?

The 82 is getting the hood and various other parts off the 83 to make it a turbo car. A true GN turbo car. It may not be an original but it will be faster than stock.:biggrin:

Yeah it should bolt right in, and I'm not above making modifications if it doesn't. But the panel across the passenger side (where the Regal emblem goes) is half as high on the '78s, and changed to the full size one for '79-'87 models.

At least, this is what I've been able to gather from scouring pictures on the internet.

Yeah, I noticed that. I`m thinking about painting all the dash panels to match the car... that is if I make up my F`n mind what color I want lol I thought about doing a GN interior conversion down the road here... what you guys think? a 78 outside, 87 inside:biggrin:

Thsnk for the second link. They have the ones I need for my Olds 88 and they're only $118 plus shipping for both ends.

No prob:biggrin: Fillers are a pain in the a$$ to find... there is a guy on Gbody that cut and tucked his bumper under the tail lights on his 78 Regal and it looks awesome!

I just looked at your sig. Does the Eclipse still have the turbo on it? If it does you have half of the other design to do the turbo mod so you can spool faster. I'm gonna bet it's the T3 on it.

Nope, I junked the car... it was stripped and gutted before I got it, would of been more money to fix it than it was worth... so, I used it to store my Buick parts lol and sold the turbo to a friend back in '03.

Check with your friend and see if he still has the turbo. You only need the the exhaust side though.

That was when I was living in FL. I tried to find him last summer when I was down there, but his senile grandfather couldn't tell me the direction to his place:biggrin: Would it bolt right on?

That was when I was living in FL. I tried to find him last summer when I was down there, but his senile grandfather couldn't tell me the direction to his place:biggrin: Would it bolt right on?

No. But the design is a 4 bolt flange and a much smaller exducer so it will spool faster.:biggrin: This is one of the options I looked at for the turbo upgrade. A 4 bolt and a different down pipe won't hurt anything. It will only help the turbo make booost faster.:biggrin:

Damn, now I wish I woulda kept the turbo... I like how you did your custom turbo, maybe I`ll have you make me one someday:biggrin:

Damn, now I wish I woulda kept the turbo... I like how you did your custom turbo, maybe I`ll have you make me one someday:biggrin:

I have 1 spare if you're interested.:biggrin: Jesse was nice enough to send the the parts to make a second as a spare.:smile:

How much you looking to get for it? I could send ya the turbos I have:biggrin:

I'll have to think of how much it will cost me to do the second. Remeber that you'll need to make a new down pipe and up pipe for the turbo though. I haven't made one yet so I can't send it to Big Woods to be coppied for you.:frown:

What do you guys think about Black Metallic with Silver stripes like a 70+ Chevelle SS would have... like this one:

chevrolet-chevy-chevelle-ss-1970.jpeg

5StarClearCoat_BlackMetallic.jpg

OR

5StarClearCoat_SuperJetBlack.jpg

WITH

5StarClearCoat_SilverMetallic.jpg