Any one heard of conley performance ?

LEOS79849

Well this is the story i met A guy in NM. With a GN that he was Parting out. And Told me was going with a different motor he had it built by conley performance in tx and apparently had gn 1 heads. So i gave him a deposit when i get there he has stock iron heads and. One. Valve spring was broken so i backed. Out he said he would pay me back so to find out he had a accident and cant pay me back offered me the turbo setup anyone have any idea what turbo this shop used. And if i get it will i be able to recuperate my money...? Thanks for the. Help the car is a 87 the owner has no idea what was done to his car so were stuck in that problem mine is hot air and i have. No desire to go to intercooled setup at this point

Lawrence Conley was a heavy hitter in the Turbo Buicks. You will need more info and pics for us to help.

Conley's is DOA
They went Ricer & then belly-up.
The business turned to a crap-shoot in its later days & did crap work (ask me how I know!)

Do_O

Conley was one of the first super fast turbo Buicks.....he went in the 7's (with a green car named "Tweaked") with the electronic fuel injection Turbo V6 based off the ones that came in the GN before anyone else did it. His accomplishments with the EFI turbo V6 in my opinion is probably in the same league as the late Buddy Ingersoll and his accomplishments with his IHRA prostock program back in the early 80's. Buddy's was mechanical fuel injection I am almost certain.

At any rate, they were once at the forefront of turbo Buick Technology. Lawrence has supported these cars for many years and hangs out at alot of the Buick events.... or at least he used to.

I can't speak for the work they did in the later years, but their early work had to have been great.... or he wouldn't have been able to do what he did at the time.

Lawrence Conley is a good friend of mine and a pioneer for the Buick community he was the first at doing a lot of things an is the reason I've owned three grand nationals every one makes mistakes in a carrier as long as his was he had a great reputation just my opinion and my 2 cents
:)

If its a bolt on turbo, its probably a Precision unit. Post some pictures, its not hard to distinguish between one of those big old honkin Mitsubishi turbos and others.

how do you know.
I used to be a regular& loyal customer until he screwed me (among others) over. Took my first G/N to have engine work done & the repair lasted less than 15 miles; Long story short: $6K & MANY months later I finally ransomed my car; then find out they put the wrong engine in it. The jackholes even billed me for shop rags! Oddly enough they went out of business not long after.Putting (short term)profit/greed above customers and ethics always costs you in the end.

Do_O

I cant give you this pals name hes going thru some trouble right now apparently conley charged him like 15000 to soup up his car apparently was running quite well in the high 11" but used the car a couple of times and it ended up breaking i wanted his heads but the valve spring broke on one and the valve was inside the cylinder wall at that time i just didnt wanna mess with that and this guy didnt know much about what was done with the car and apparently conley closed the doors and his warranty was still good with him. He is still parting it out but not alot of buick people in west TX or NM so he still has all the stuff. Will keep you guys posted if i get the turbo to recoop at least some cash ill post some pics if some one is interested.

Hey guys i got pics of the turbo setup its a 61 mm turbo setup this guy is willing to sell turbo w kennebell throttle headers and ic i have pics i got my money but he is trying to sell turbo has no shaft play i wasbthere yesterday the ic is better than stock and headers are built n ceramic coated

I dont know what this is worth anyone have a accurate price tag for all this set up. Im trying to help this guy really needs money right now

I used to buy all my stuff from Conley's. They were stand up and corrected many problems I had, not caused by them but the third party they dealt with. And being in Canada I could be easily ripped off. I've been charged extra for screw ups in my order they caused by a couple of the supporting vendors here. This would have never happened with Conley's!