Any John Deere lawn tractor owners who bought from HD??

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Getting lazy in my old age and was thinking about picking up a John Deere lawn tractor from Home Depot or Lowes. Looks like they are a lower quality piece than one you would get from a dealer? Any owners on the board who have good luck with one? Or bad luck?

Only have a 1/2 acre lot but tired of doing the walk behind routine.:biggrin:

You are correct!

The lowes/home depot ones are cheap.

They will get you by on 1/2 acre tho.

I have 4 acres and mowing is easy with 54'' deck 425 JD. Oh, and a JD STX46'' and a swisher 42'' trail behind and.....:eek: :biggrin:

The local classifieds have these lowes mowers all over.

The HD, and Lowes John Deeres are not made by JD. They are made by AYP, as I recall. [American Yard Products]
About all U R getting of a JD, is the name..The rest is ????

for the same $ you can by a used older deere, i got a 318 for $1500 and it is a caddy compared to the home depot cheepie :eek:

If you take your time and give each model, the JD dealer and the HD or Lowes, a thorough comparison, you will come to your own conclusion. Do I want a mower for 7-8 years or do I want one that will last say 15-20. There are major differences in the two. That's why I've got a JD 180, 17 HP Kawasaki and 48" deck, mowes my 1 acre in less than an hour, cost a little more but I know that I can depend on it. Good luck with you decision.

Pat

Mark I still use a 1987 Snapper rear engine 11hp B&S 30" cut on a 1/2 acre. Takes one hour to mow and it gets between tight places. Got the double bagger too. That should be a testimonial for a long lasting mower. Just have to keep it out of the weather or it will rust like anything else. Once a year oil change, keep it clean, it'll last. Goes through drive wheels every couple years but they are only $8.

The HD, and Lowes John Deeres are not made by JD. They are made by AYP, as I recall. [American Yard Products]
About all U R getting of a JD, is the name..The rest is ????

I believe those JD's are made by/similar to MTD.

AYP makes Craftsman/Husqvarna (Electrolux).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've got a L110 which is one of the models that was sold at HD. I got mine at a John Deere dealer. 17.5 hp kohler motor, 42" deck, hydrostatic trans. I have about 1.5 acres, and have been using it for 3 years with no problems.