Any jet ski owners?

HighPSI

Staff member
Summer is here! I just traded my Stage2 GP1300R in on a new Sea-Doo RXP-X, today. Stage1 kit should be here next week!

Took it out tonight for the first time. I had high expectations considering the 255hp and was still very impressed. The ski has a temendous holeshot and topped out at 69.8 mph. My old ski topped out at 73.6mph AFTER I spent nearly $3K in mods :eek: I can't wait for the weekend :)

:eek: WOW, that's really moving for a stock water sled!

That needs some sort of regulation on drivers. 16yrs+ ?

I'm not 100% on the law, buy I think the min. age is 15 with boaters safety course.
The ski is advertised at 0-50mph in under 3 seconds. Hopefully, I don't lose that when I start modding it for higher mph

:eek: WOW, that's really moving for a stock water sled!

That needs some sort of regulation on drivers. 16yrs+ ?

Here in Arkansas it is 16 alone with a boating license. I am sure other states and oceans have different laws. Cal would probably know best.

Jason

I have read nothing but good on that ski Cal. I have an 06 with the 185 horse and could not believe the torque of the 4 stroke over the 2. I would love to take a ride on that thing. . . Please update us when you get the kit on it!!!

Thats a wild ride you have. I am still pushing a 99 Yamaha GP1200 but after I ride my friends Sea Doo Rx, I don't seem to enjoy mine as much. Had a very much modded 98 Gp1200 but it broke all of the time and guzzled gas after mods so I left the 99 stock. I ride in the Potomac river, just south of Washington DC.

here is a pic of my Squirt Jet Boat 115 HP..
Let see some photos of your watercrafts

Attachments

• 2da5_20.JPG
    2da5_20.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 2546_20.JPG
    2546_20.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 161
I have read nothing but good on that ski Cal. I have an 06 with the 185 horse and could not believe the torque of the 4 stroke over the 2. I would love to take a ride on that thing. . . Please update us when you get the kit on it!!!

The Stage1 kit is on :biggrin: I'll be bringing the GPS and running the river tomorrow. Sunday we will be jumping in the ocean and having a cookout on an island.

Ahhh..riding in the ocean. The best place to ride. I used to drag my 90 Kawi JS440 stand up to the Florida coast every year. They have really clamped down on where you can ride these days. If it's not an eco thing it's being to close to military this or that...I just bought my 98 GP1200 back today for parts to keep the old 99 going.

I went 72.4 mph yesterday in light chop amd 3/4 tank of furl. My brother-in-law got on it when it was out of fuel, slid back and "superman'ed" it. The GPS said 78.8 but I just don't beleive it :confused: I am going to duplicate his method today and see what I come up with.
I'm going to put the tube behind it today and see how fast I can pull Otto :D

Was out on the lake about 6 hours yesterday and rode the Jet ski for about 2 hours and my entire body is sore.

Shot a few pics

06072008004.jpg

06072008002.jpg

Jason