Any interest in emblem location pics?

Whut

Addicted to Boost!
I am borderline anal about anything involving my Grand National. One thing I have noticed about a lot of the repaints is the emblems are not put back in the same spot.

To combat this I measured from a couple of spots where they go from the factory (with a metal ruler no less) so I knew exactly where to put them back on. I have these pictures on my machine at home and would be willing to put a little work into them to show the spots clearly for all. I have pictures for all emblems, trunk, hood, and fenders, only for a GN, I do not have the trunk locations for Buick and 3.8 SFI Turbo for a T.

You tell me, my car has been repainted and all the emblems were brand new replacements. I have actually had comments on how correct the emblems were placed while getting appraised and at shows.

GN09.jpg

GN15.jpg

GN03.jpg

If there is interest, I will start cleaning those pictures up tomorrow. :cool:

I would think there would be interest in this. Most people screw up the placement because they don't know any better.

Gorgeous car, BTW. That's the first time I've seen a pic other than the direct front end shot posted.

Mine are probably about the same but with a ruler instead of tape. I didnt know those were on the .org site. Even if I did, I would have compared the measurements to mine which I am going to do now that its been pointed out to me. I know for sure my emblems havent moved since new until I tore them off. :D

That's pretty cool. Too bad I have a "T". Have a dark metallic burgundy Turbo-T and measured mine just like these pics. I'm in the process of restoring the car and think I may just put the "T" back on the fender with the door guards and then have my air-brush guy paint the other emblems on somehow, but some how blend them so your not sure they are there unless the light hits it the right way. Just something different. Like a sleeper look. Heck, cuz of the color everyone always thought mine was a Monte Carlo anyway! :mad: Plus it was always a PITA to wax around em! :D When ever I get done :confused: I will post pics...

I am borderline anal about anything involving my Grand National. One thing I have noticed about a lot of the repaints is the emblems are not put back in the same spot.

To combat this I measured from a couple of spots where they go from the factory (with a metal ruler no less) so I knew exactly where to put them back on. I have these pictures on my machine at home and would be willing to put a little work into them to show the spots clearly for all. I have pictures for all emblems, trunk, hood, and fenders, only for a GN, I do not have the trunk locations for Buick and 3.8 SFI Turbo for a T.

You tell me, my car has been repainted and all the emblems were brand new replacements. I have actually had comments on how correct the emblems were placed while getting appraised and at shows.

GN09.jpg

GN15.jpg

GN03.jpg

If there is interest, I will start cleaning those pictures up tomorrow. :cool:

I'm interested, and would find it interesting to compare them to the one previously posted. Looking forward to seeing those pics.

Good info IMO.....when I bought My GN the trunk emblem is on the wrong side:mad: ...... so....I'm gona leave it that way until I repaint in fear it will mess it up worse trying to fix it....

I guess it ok since there are not many people that know its wrong....

I do hate it someone knows what they are looking at. I can see it in their face they know its wrong but they never say anything

Here are pics of the 'T'

From our 87 D84 car at 57K original before removal for paint. HTH.... I measured from the body side molding - DUH!
I have some other pics somewhere - :rolleyes: but who knows where 'tho. You might be able to get a good approximation from the style line up anyway.

Attachments

• P5220009.JPG
    P5220009.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 490
  • P5220010.JPG
    P5220010.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 481
Thanks for the reminder! I have a few minutes right now and will dig up my pictures and get them posted.

Ok, so I went through a couple of mine and they are pretty much coming out exactly like what is on gnttype.org. I wish I would have known about that, it would have saved me a little time.

This is what mine were turning out to be.

Trunk1.jpg

DriverSide1.jpg

I can do more, but would like to take better pictures of a car, not in the dark, and not wet. The only emblems I have removed from my car are the hood emblems but I think I can make do with the hood emblem pictures I already have.

So How about the 86 T-Type.

I have owned several and nearly all had the t-type emblem on the fender, but I have seen and read about them also having the "intercooled" emblem beneath the "T-type " emblem.

Also, I think a T-type is supposed to have some emblems on the rear quarter (can't remember if it's "buick" or "regal") and then there is the trunk lid; is it "buick" or "3.8 liter turbo" or "3.8L sfi turbo" :eek:

If you guys have correct pics please post up.

Yes, the 86 T-type has an Intercooled emblem beneath the T-type on the fenders. On some TR's there is Regal on the rear quarters and Limiteds may have "Limited" on the rear quarter. On the trunk, there is Buick on the passenger side and an all chrome 3.8 Litre SFI Turbo emblem on the driver side. The grille on an 86 is the only year they put Ttype on the grille as well.

I have some pictures laying around I took of these emblems a while back. No measurements showing exactly where they go but at least they are pictures showing them. When I have more time I will dig them up and post them.

Thanks...

I love to find a post that is exactely what I need to know when I need to know it.. I love this board...... Just got mine back from paint. The body guy is going to put them on thursday . I had some help from a fellow service man on the subject. He pointed me to the first link. This thread helps me with my analness. Now I know there are several of us ( anal TR owners club) . Lets here from all in the club.. Thanks again for the help on this. Now I know thay are going to be right......;)

I'm looking to put the emblems back on my 87 GN. You wouldn't happen to know the exact measurements for each from the factory by any chance.
Your car looks great! Thank you for posting the pics i have had the hardest time trying to figure out exactly where they go.
Thanks for your help.