Any info on VP's new Q16?

KevinB

My supplier is selling the Q16 for the same price as C16. This is what he posted on it:
NEW! Q16
Q16 will work well in any drag racing or circle track application -- naturally aspirated, nitrous or blowers. Q16 is highly oxygenated, requiring a 4-6% increase in fuel flow, which will make 3-5% more power than competitive 116 octane fuels. Q16's oxygenation will significantly expand the range of air/fuel ratio acceptability, so performance will be more consistent and won't vary as dramatically with altitude or density changes. For bracket racers, variations in ET from run to run will be substantially reduced. This added fuel flow also effectively increases its octane by 6-8 numbers above its standard ASTM octane rating.

• Color: Yellow
• Oxygenated: Yes
• Motor Octane: 116
• Research Octane: 120+
• Specific Gravity: .716 at 60° F
$625 Drum

Sounds like it might be even safer than c16. Anyone here have real world experience with it yet? Any power gains?

TIA

VP fuel

what is the price for a 55 gal barrell? dealer here said it was over 600.00 for a 55 gal barrel which only has 54 gallon in it, thanks,,,

Sorry. i missed the price in your post, thanks,,,:eek:

He's a cool guy. He usually sells my my fuels for less than what he advertises. I was paying about $10-$11 for c16 last year. The next best price locally was $14.

I used it this last weekend. You will want to move your target a/f about 6% richer than your current setting. I pulled the car back to the pits for a couple passes so I could read the plugs. After 2 hits the plugs still looked fresh out of the box. The only drawback is the smell, it's awful compared to C16.

I used it this last weekend. You will want to move your target a/f about 6% richer than your current setting. I pulled the car back to the pits for a couple passes so I could read the plugs. After 2 hits the plugs still looked fresh out of the box. The only drawback is the smell, it's awful compared to C16.

Thanks for the info. So, for an example, if you are running 11.1:1, run it 11.0:1?
Did you notice a power gain?

With VP C16's gravity at .733 vs .716 I wouldn't have thought the air fuel would've moved as much as 6%.

I guess the benefit to Q16's lower gravity would be your fuel pump can push more to make up for the need to run it fatter.

That drum price sounds good but I can only image what it smells like. :mad:

Thanks for the info. So, for an example, if you are running 11.1:1, run it 11.0:1?
Did you notice a power gain?

I haven't noticed any power gain. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to C16 but with our organizations new rules limiting my turbo size I want the oxygenated fuel. Yes, 6% is roughly .1 on the a/f. You may have to add a few #'s to your VE table depending on where your at.

I spoke to VP at PRI they recommended 3% rich on a turbo car to start. I hvae some but I also hvae 8 fresh inches of snow so it will be a while before we test :(
Mike