Non-Pump E85+ Brands, Octane Levels, Shipping Etc

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Figured i would start a post in regards to finding locations and companys who ship E85 or Race E85+ fuel, for us who want to run a higher Octane E85+ at the track. So far is see both VP, and Sunoco, Rocket brand, have E85 listed on their sites. I wonder what they rate Normal E85 at? I see they are rating their race 85 at 99 and 98 octane and 112. So far rocket brand is looking good.

SUNOCO E85R RACING GASOLINE
Sunoco E85-R is an unleaded racing fuel containing 85 volume % ethanol. It can only be used in fuel systems designed specifically for E85 blends. Because it is highly oxygenated and requires increased fuel flow compared to conventional non-oxygenated fuels, consult with your fuel injection system or carburetor supplier for correct air/fuel ratio calibrations.
The composition of conventional E85 blends can vary. Sunoco E85-R is blended to consistently contain 85% ethanol. The non-ethanol portion of Sunoco E85-R is comprised of highly-refined race fuel hydrocarbons for superior stability and consistency. Sunoco E85-R is the racer’s fuel of choice where E85 blends are allowed.
Sunoco E85-R should be stored in dark, tightly sealed containers where the temperature is stable. Handled under such conditions, shelf life is in excess of 1 year. Check with your fuel system and fuel container manufacturers for compatibility with ethanol blends.
Suncoco E85R MSDS
Fuel Property
Typical Specifications
Specific Gravity 0.790
Lbs./gallon 6.6
Antiknock Index (R+M)/2 99
RON, Research Octane 104
MON, Motor Octane 94
Reid Vapor Pressure 4.4
Distillation, ºF
Initial Boiling Point 135
10% Evaporation 165
50% Evaporation 171
90% Evaporation 173
Final Boiling Point 180
Leaded NO
Color Pale Green
Oxygen, Wt.% 29
Stoichiometric A/F Ratio 9.9

VP FUELS

NEW! C85™If you’re committed to using E85 type fuels, C85 is by far your best choice. Conventional E85 fuels are notoriously inconsistent, requiring up to a two-jet swing in tuning from one batch of E85 to the next. By contrast, C85 is blended with a consistent proportion of ethanol and every other component in every drum. In addition to taking all the guesswork out of tuning, C85 makes up to 4% more power and torque than conventional E85. With higher quality pure components, C85 is superior to E85 in terms of cooling effect, resistance to detonation and even includes corrosion inhibitors to fight the issues presented by ethanol. C85 works well in drag racing, oval track, off road and virtually any other automotive application, in particular forced induction applications due to its lower vapor pressure. Tests of C85 indicate most applications will require richening up by 1 jet size, or 2-3% over current jetting. Note that for racers unwilling to invest in the new carb and expensive fuel system upgrade required for E85, VP’s MS109, VP113 and Q16 continue to be the best race

TYPICAL VALUES
Color: Yellow
• Motor Octane: 90R+M/2: 98• Specific Gravity: .793 @ 60°F

Rockett Brand Racing Fuel
TYPICAL INSPECTION DATA E-85-112
PRODUCT CODE.....E85-112
OCTANE AKI (R+M)/2.....112
RESEARCH OCTANE NUMBER (R.O.N.).....116
MOTOR OCTANE NUMBER (M.O.N.)...108
DENSITY, G/CM3 @60F....0.789
GRAVITY, API..... 47.9
DISTILLATION F @ % EVAP.
INT. BOILING POINT .....100
END POINT...270
COLOR...GREEN

Nice post ! I think out where I live e-85 will never die out here, farmers are way to depended on it for this heart of the mid-west, but it's nice to know .

Not to worried about E85 dying out. I have access to E85 but i like to have the higher octane or better fuel to run while at the track and pushing the car. Rocket brand has no suppliers out in cally or AZ. will be contacting VP and Sunoco reps but i don't like the said octane rating. I know their are plants that can make sepecial blends thats why i made this thread. would really like to get some E85+ (e85-E98) at as high of a ocatane as possible

Boost231 said:
Not to worried about E85 dying out. I have access to E85 but i like to have the higher octane or better fuel to run while at the track and pushing the car. Rocket brand has no suppliers out in cally or AZ. will be contacting VP and Sunoco reps but i don't like the said octane rating. I know their are plants that can make sepecial blends thats why i made this thread. would really like to get some E85+ (e85-E98) at as high of a ocatane as possible

Hey, A Tucson Sunoco has race E85. I was getting a hair cut at the Swade Barber Shop @ 2005 W Ruthrauff Rd and the gas station next to it had it advertised...

thanks for the info, not sure i would want fuel out of a station that sells Race e85 with no a high demand. fuel will be sitting static for awhile. i would like to test it and see what the E85 rating is but octane rating will be un-know and who knows if its any different then the standard e85. Drums would be nice that way you know its fresh and true e85 race

thanks for the info, not sure i would want fuel out of a station that sells Race e85 with no a high demand. fuel will be sitting static for awhile. i would like to test it and see what the E85 rating is but octane rating will be un-know and who knows if its any different then the standard e85. Drums would be nice that way you know its fresh and true e85 race

Are you in Phoenix or SoCal?

If I would ever hear back from Shane, I'd actually like to become a distributor of high-octane (105 and 110) E85-based fuels.

I've emailed a few times, but never heard anything from him.

I do have access to some really reliable fuel sources, (between 3.50-5$/gal for 105-110 octane) however I can't do anything about becoming a vendor if I never hear anything back.

This octane can remain stable, if in a sealed drum, for up to three years.

The shipping is roughly ~1$ per gallon when getting a 55 gal drum. Of course, it depends on where you are getting it shipped to and from.

Here are a list of AZ sellers for Sunoco C85:

Tucson Raceway
11955 S Harrison Rd
Tucson, AZ 85747 US

USA Raceway
4300 E Los Reales Rd
Tucson, AZ 85706 US

Speedway Race Fuels - Open on Saturday from 11a-12p (5gal for $57.00)
2300 West Broadway Road
Phoenix, AZ 85041 US

Canyon Raceway
9777 West Carefree Road
Peoria, AZ 85382 US

Speedworld Dragstrip
19421 West Happey Valley Rd
Wittmann, AZ 85361 US

Here are a list of AZ sellers for Sunoco C85:

Tucson Raceway
11955 S Harrison Rd
Tucson, AZ 85747 US

USA Raceway
4300 E Los Reales Rd
Tucson, AZ 85706 US

Speedway Race Fuels - Open on Saturday from 11a-12p (5gal for $57.00)
2300 West Broadway Road
Phoenix, AZ 85041 US

Canyon Raceway
9777 West Carefree Road
Peoria, AZ 85382 US

Speedworld Dragstrip
19421 West Happey Valley Rd
Wittmann, AZ 85361 US

Whats C85?

Also how did you get this list? Went to their sites and some don't even list the fuels, they're just race tracks. Also some have all their fuels listed but no E85R. I will call SIR and see if they carry it but im almost 100% sure they don't. They just sell race gas. I might have to call all the sunoco in between cally and Tucson and see who has it. It listes Auto Club Speedway, I run a track event out of ACS and they have sunoco fuel but not E85R.