Any idea of why my current combo is capable of in 1/4 mile?

kkash48

Hey all - Newbie here. .any idea what my current combo below is capable of in 1/4 mile? Want to understand what this car is capable of before improving. Spring (Fall) cleaning completed and scanmaster on way. Not looking for big changes, just trying to understand what I got.

In the future, any value in moving to a Turbo Tweak chip with upgraded fuel ejectors instead of my current Ultrachip on current setup? Thanks folks!!

1987 Buick Grand National 47k miles.

-Ultrachip
-MAF Translator
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-Accufab Adjustable Fuel Regulator
-Duttweiler Intercooler Neck
-160 degree thermostat
-Fuel Injectors 38lb D3165AA 621037
-3" down pipe
-Hooker Exhaust
-Cat removed
-DeatschWerks 9-301 Fuel Pump
-Racetronix Hotwire kit
-MSD 8.5mm wires
-Heated O2 sensor
-Aftermarker Oil, Boost, Knock, and water temp gauges.
-Power Master brakes converted to vacuum

Kinda of need to know your goals, but a new chip would be good. I would say high 12s or 13 in 1/4 mile with that setup depending on boost. What kind of tires? Stock turbo?

Keep the injectors, I'd get a turbo tweak alky chip, alky control and set the boost at 25.

Kinda of need to know your goals, but a new chip would be good. I would say high 12s or 13 in 1/4 mile with that setup depending on boost. What kind of tires? Stock turbo?

Thanks Huntsq and TurboTnZ06 for your reply! .. Goal would be eventually low 12's without adding a whole bunch of stuff - don't really want to get too crazy with the car. Tires are Street tires (BF Goodrich's). Yes, stock Turbo. Not sure what boost I can run safely until scanmaster arrives and I do some research. I read the Ultrachip was outdated and a Turbo Tweak would possibly make it run better. Appreciate your feedback!

Definately order a TT chip right away. From what I understand the old chips have too much timing and/or the fueling curves are off for todays gas. Lay off until you get the scanmaster installed and can watch for knock. Eric at TT has a quick turn around with chips and really knows his stuff. Get those 2 things and learn the car. After that a razors alky kit is the best money you will spend. Even if you dont go crazy and crank up the boost to 30#s or something the alky kit is great knock prevention/suppression. Welcome to the black brick world!

I would highly recommend a new chip..With that being said get the combo chip and injectors...Plenty of room to grow if you get the 60's as you mod the car....I remember saying all I wanted to run was 12's and I would be happy....That didn't work out too good for me!! Cars now a days right off the show room floor are making some good power....