Any good hyd roller lifters other than clicky Comps?

I was talking to a guy I built an engine for yesterday said he changed out the lifters and engine is now much quieter. Chris and Bob have same issue hopefully lifters will fix them up. Several calls to comp was a complete waste of time.

Just received the T&D roller system, it answered all my questions about rocker arm geometry. With the Chevy Scorpions the action across the valve was all over the place, T&D has their act together. Should be able to rip into engine in a couple of weeks and hopfully report on the quiet engine.
Mike
86 GN

lifter dimensions needed

Hey guys... trying to track down a oil pressure issue on my 109.....I am running a factory hydraulic roller lifter... and want to investigate dimensional differences of the location and width of the oilband on aftermarket lifters vs the stock hyd roller lifters.

So that I don't dilute this sticky anymore than I already have.... I started a new thread with a picture of a lifter marked up with the dimensions I need.

I am particularly interested in the Comp 885 lifter and the new Morrel lifters.

Any help is appreciated.

Here is a link to the thread:

Lifter Dim Help Please......:confused:

Morels in. I will button it up tomorrow and let you know how it sounds.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 963
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 932
I ordered a set this morning ,they are back order and should be in thier ware house ( TA ) at the end of next week.:D

Well, my news isn't what I'd hoped for. After installing the Morels, I don't notice any difference in noise level and I still have kr.

That's a first.

Well, my news isn't what I'd hoped for. After installing the Morels, I don't notice any difference in noise level and I still have kr.

Is this noise coming from one side, or all over? On first start up, mine were a bit noisey too. As I put a few miles on them they got quieter. What did you set the preloads at? On my car, with the hood open, you can't hear them at all while sitting in the car, or standing in front of the engine. If you lean out over the side of the engine, with the hood up, you can hear them a little. I'm running 10 w 30 Mobil 1 full syn oil, with a bottle of Lucas oil zinc-plus oil additive.

Anyone else?

Mike B.

Is this noise coming from one side, or all over? On first start up, mine were a bit noisey too. As I put a few miles on them they got quieter. What did you set the preloads at? On my car, with the hood open, you can't hear them at all while sitting in the car, or standing in front of the engine. If you lean out over the side of the engine, with the hood up, you can hear them a little. I'm running 10 w 30 Mobil 1 full syn oil, with a bottle of Lucas oil zinc-plus oil additive.

Anyone else?

Mike B.

The whole valvetrain is pretty noisy to me. But I've never had a roller cam before so I don't know if it's normal. There does seem to be a tapping noise coming from the passenger side which is why I thought I had a bad lifter. Preload is .025.

The whole valvetrain is pretty noisy to me. But I've never had a roller cam before so I don't know if it's normal. There does seem to be a tapping noise coming from the passenger side which is why I thought I had a bad lifter. Preload is .025.

Some lifters REQUIRE a certain amount of preload. You should check with your supplier/manufacturer to be sure.

Welcome to the wonderfull world of roller cams.

Cracked header or gasket?
Recheck preloads?
Got a stethascope?

Morel lifters

In post 159 it states that TA is reccommending the TA V1413 for stage motors. Why is this? I have a off center stage II motor (with clicky comps) and want to fix the problem but don't know why I wouldn't be able to use the V1412 lifters. Can someone shed some light on this for me. Thank you.

In post 159 it states that TA is reccommending the TA V1413 for stage motors. Why is this? I have a off center stage II motor (with clicky comps) and want to fix the problem but don't know why I wouldn't be able to use the V1412 lifters. Can someone shed some light on this for me. Thank you.

Don't some of the stage motors (maybe on center?) have offset lifters?

Mike thanx for all the work and info, Jeff is getting a set from TA for my stage 11,,
Pizza on me next time your in Dana Point.

what does MOREL suggest we set preload on these roller lifters.

.025" as per Morel for iron block to iron head. This will be half a turn for those of us running T@D rockers.

For more details see post #81 on page 3 of this thread.

Mike B.

Morel lifters

I ordered a set yesturday. I called to see when they were coming in and I was told that they are expecting around 25 sets soon but they already had orders for around 15 sets. They said that those that placed orders for them will be filled first but they won't charge your card until they ship to you. Price is $290 + shipping. If you want a set, order them and give a credit card #.