Any good hyd roller lifters other than clicky Comps?

I had to go shorter when i put the 8.225, in my valve springs were smashed tight.So i put in the 8.150's that used with comp lifters no more problem.I run 1.5 roller rockers by scorpion on my stock head with cam in sig and pushrod was shorter,so check length and go from there.When i say smashed tight i mean could not turn motor at all smashed....:biggrin:

I will have my turbo tommorrow had to wait for fed ex get it to me so i will post saturday after have it in and running.Sorry had a few last minute changes after installed,like new headers trans,turbo,down pipe ahh it never ends...lol

Dynalow & Kraus, any news yet....thanks.

And Mike B....thanks for all your effort...

Bob K

My motor is still in process..we are about to order pistons..I am hoping that by mid-summer I will have it running and maybe some track times.
I can tell you that they look great in the package, T/A and Morel did a great job. Of course, the Comps look good in the package as well!:rolleyes:

It's hard to believe that with all the whining, bitching, and complaining about clicking Comp lifters not pumping up, that no one (other than myself) has even tryed these. My guess is that no one has money to spend right now:confused: ?

Mine are still running great. The car put down 507 HP on the dyno a few weeks ago. This was on 91 oct, alky, and a stock location intercooler. Still very quiet.

Mike B.

It's hard to believe that with all the whining, bitching, and complaining about clicking Comp lifters not pumping up, that no one (other than myself) has even tryed these. My guess is that no one has money to spend right now:confused: ?

Mine are still running great. The car put down 507 HP on the dyno a few weeks ago. This was on 91 oct, alky, and a stock location intercooler. Still very quiet.

Mike B.

Great to hear. Nice HP on the dyno, that's about 120 thru the traps.

Great to hear. Nice HP on the dyno, that's about 120 thru the traps.

I was hoping for 125-127 mph. This motor feels alot stronger than the old one, which went 11:17 @ 122 mph.

When you take it to the track please let us know. Good luck. I hope you hit 127 too.

morels -weber

I just picked these up today from webers,he has them in stock.My car will be done next week sometime.I'll let everyone know how loud they are. I didnt have comps in to compare them to thou.

Attachments

• lifters 010.jpg
    lifters 010.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 822
I just picked these up today from webers,he has them in stock.My car will be done next week sometime.I'll let everyone know how loud they are. I didnt have comps in to compare them to thou.

Looks like the right ones. Where did you get them, and how much did they charge you?

Mike B.

Good to hear things worked out for you mike, I wanna put my car next to yours with hoods open and engines running next time you come out to the meeting in fullerton to compare engine noise, maybe we can get a video with sound to post here and see the difference between my clicky engine and your new quiet engine. ;) I still have the clicky CC lifters in mine but I had to install 3 sets before i found a set that wasnt bleeding down or collapsing on me right after star up.. :eek:

Happy spooling.
I won't tell my experiences with CC but after two sets of roller lifters and months of waiting to get my problems solved, NEVER AGAIN. Mine had the roller plating coming off and they too were very noisey. Brand new rebuilt engine and sold it with the hammermill noise. I wasn't a happy camper after my experiences for sure. Let me know your final test results. Gene

Finally after a long wait on parts Started mine Today in fact 25 minutes ago.Ten times better then the Comps lifters,It idles so nice and smooth no noise what so ever,even after it warmed up still no clicky click click typewriter noise.I took it down the road 2 blocks and trans don't shift out of first(another issue) but the little bit i drove it can't even here the lifters driving it like i could before so I GIVE THEM A 10 :biggrin: