Any Dodge Magnum Owners?

Originally posted by TurboIndian
all I have to say about the 03 6.0 powerstroke,crew cab, 4x4! what a POS.
I just bumped it off with 1 yesterday morning, the guy was in 1 he thought he was 1 bad mofo. well I'll tell you what I took him by 2 1/2 - 3 car lengths lenths up to 100 mph, yes I said "car" lengths. I was in my 93 Mustang with my little 5.0. I don't want to hear no "he wasen't trying", I was there you should have seen the look on his face.:cool: so go ahead & buy one but don't buy 1 if you think your getting performance.;)

MAGNUM RT is NOT a truck

He isn't asking about a truck. He asked about a Dodge Magnum RT.

Originally posted by TurboIndian
all I have to say about the hemi magnum is what a POS!
I just bumped it off with 1 yesterday morning, the guy was in 1 he thought he was 1 bad mofo. well I'll tell you what I took him by 2 1/2 - 3 truck lenths up to 100 mph, yes I said "truck" lenths. I was in my 8,900# 03 6.0 powerstroke,crew cab, 4x4, wich it was only in stage 2 (tow mode) on the superchips tuner. how embarassing is that when you get beat by a diesel 4x4 p/u with oversize tires! I don't want to hear no "he wasen't trying", I was there you should have seen the look on his face.:cool: so go ahead & buy one but don't buy 1 if you think your getting performance.;)

Strikes me as more than a little unusual that a your diesel could outrun a low 14 second car unless it is really well modified.

I would highly doubt it was a hemi. More than likely it was a base V6 or there was some other explanation.

In either case the Magnum is no POS from any real perspective other than just your opinion, which you are entitled to. Personally, the member that posed this post to us for opinions probabally does not appreciate someone telling him the car is a POS based on this experience.

Now, if you had some first hand experience with the car and could factually state the car was problematic, etc. that might be useful to this guy.

This is a great car to consider for a family vehicle. Contrary to your observations, most owners are pretty impressed with a 14 second daily driver to haul the kids in. The thing ways over 4,000 lbs and if you ask me is a tad over engineered, but I'd rather have that than some flimsy substitute.

There are some people on the hemi boards running 13's with just cold air/exhaust mods.

:)

It is nice to know that even ricers drive superduty trucks also. Remember both of you have to be racing to be called a race. When I had my viper, every day my son heard at school about some kid who kept up with my viper from stop light to stop light. The only thing was I was driving normally and he must have been banging gears? The magnum if it had the v8 was probably just driving normally and the super duty was floored. thats not a race. The magnum has some weak areas but power and style isnt one of them

Why does everyone base a cars entire worth on how fast it is in a straight line? :confused:

I'm going to pick up a daily driver in a year or so, and have been looking at Mazda 3's. I found a few boards on them, and there are people that are looking for cold air intakes, cat-backs and NOS kits. One guy wanted to get rid of the cat on a brand new car. It's funny as Hell. It's a 160 horsepower car, why bother :confused:

lieu910 you are right I am un able to call it a POS, I have never driven, or even looked @ them. I personaly do not like the looks of them, I also would not own a mopar product. when I purchased my new truck I researched the dodge with the cummins. 7 out of 9 dodge owners told "me" they loved the cummins but had nothing but trouble out of the rest of the truck. all the reasearch "I" did on mopar products, they have a higher problem rate than any other american manufacturer, this was "my" findings.
as in this particular mugnum did it have a hemi? it had the hemi badge, people don't badge a car incorrectly do they? he was the one that wanted to run me, I didn't jump him. as for the magnum turning a low 14 sec. pass, I'm not saying it won't but "I" will believe it when I see it with my own 2 eyes.

rtviper I will not even waste my time commenting on your remark;)

People have their favorites and are usually fiercely loyal to them to the extent that anything else is garbage in their eyes no matter what. You won;t catch many Mopar guys heaping high praise on GM's either. Whatever the circumstances, those vehicles have served them well.

Being involved with fleet vehicles I hear it all the time and for every story of the Ford or Dodge being a heap of dung I hear equal claims on GM's.

I have never understood this. I'm a car guy, and if I like it and there is a Ford badge on it - fine. Same goes for anything else. With my background in fleets, there is no way someone is going to prove me different from what I already see with my own eyes, which is they all have their weak points/strong points.

Thanks for the reply and all the best.